Explaining how we don't get hearing damage from bass

i spent 2 weeks in the hospital a few months back do to bass ... my ear drum was so messed up every time i would try and move i would get sick ..... now i have a constant ring that will never go away ... drives me nuts sometimes ....the damage was done at 48hz and 170.6 dbs for 30 sec.

Fucking champ

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I don't have empirical data, but I have never had issues at bass shows with my hearing being in 155-160dB vehicles, but at ANY rock concert I've been to my hearing is eff'd for days from the high frequencies being produced so loudly. Same thing when going to a club and you leave with ringing, it has nothing to do with the bass because it doesnt even approach loud car audio dB levels

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I don't have empirical data, but I have never had issues at bass shows with my hearing being in 155-160dB vehicles, but at ANY rock concert I've been to my hearing is eff'd for days from the high frequencies being produced so loudly. Same thing when going to a club and you leave with ringing, it has nothing to do with the bass because it doesnt even approach loud car audio dB levels

+ eleventy. My Jeep metered significantly louder than any club or concert you can go to... and I could pound the whole 45 minute drive to work and get out fine... Go see Mushroomhead at the Agora and my ears are ringing for a bit after the show... It has to do with distortion and frequency IMO as much as anything else. Jeff Rowlands hearing issue is from an insane amount of spl... Im guessing sitting in his van has got to be similar to having someone punch you in the ear holes with the eraser end of a pencil.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

i'm partially deaf sort of... my hearing damage can be recovered... but its because i work on a flight line and shit

No double hearing pro?? QA fail!! lol I also work on the flightline and it does get pretty loud!

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

170 for 30 seconds.... wow. Vehicles like that are usually the ones you are not supposed to sit in. What were you running?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Decaf, also consider this, rock music is all based off the distortion of the guitar. The way I see it, everything in our natural life, has no distortion what so over. When things happen in life that create a sound, it's natural. But once you get to reproducing the sound and distortion gets introduced, is what can start hurting you. I also like how someone said the comparisons between 30hz and higher frequencies and how it effects your ears.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

That's been my exact experience. I heard the loudest system in the UK before I had even been in a club. I had never had my ears ring from speakers until the club and everything was muffled for the next day.

Wow thanks for sharing that Jeff. The videos of your system at USACI finals are the loudest i've seen people sat in and it looks brutal. Would love a go all the same!!

Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!

Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/

New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards

i'm partially deaf sort of... my hearing damage can be recovered... but its because i work on a flight line and shit

I hate that! I hate listening to AGE the most, APU runs are killer but the jets coming in/out isn't nearly as bad IMO.

^^THIS

No double hearing pro?? QA fail!! lol I also work on the flightline and it does get pretty loud!

I don't always follow tech data, but when I do, I make sure QA is watching...

I use my car demo and a rock concert to get the message across. I walk them through everything they just experienced listening to my ear shattering 142db and compare those symptoms to those experienced after a rock concert. After comparing frequencies and experiences its easy to see what causes vision blur is not the same culprit causing your ears to ring for days.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

There is actually science to back this up. I can't remember exactly but it's called the (insert scientists name here) curve or something like that. I read about it a few times on here many moons ago and I can't think of the name.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

I hate that! I hate listening to AGE the most, APU runs are killer but the jets coming in/out isn't nearly as bad IMO.

I don't always follow tech data, but when I do, I make sure QA is watching...

-Drew

you leave AGE out of this... especially at Langley where they have nice new equipment...smh

and

work nights for almost 3 years... QA who?

you win some, you lose some

Archived