I have a 200ci 6 in my step daughters mustang, and I have done alot of work on it, rebuilt the head, and everything else outside the crank area, but from what I read up, Inline 6s not only hold more torque, but can hold a higher RPM ability, do to how many main jornals they have, over a v6 holding that crank shaft in place, The mustang inline 6 can hold a 8000rpm no problem- again, this a a 1965 engine block

I didnt read if you said why you were comparing the 2, if you had a inline 6 or not

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...

lots of torque in the straight 6s. My boys jeep has some pulling power

my dad got the Dodge Ram 3500 diesel straight 6 and that bitch is badass

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Straight 6's last FOREVER. Its hard to blow one up the most that ever happens to them is they over heat and you crack the head but thats an easy cheap fix. My old Jeep Cherokee Laredo had the 4.0L straight 6 and it has 315000 miles on it and it still runs strong. Raced a Gradn Prix GTP and smoked it

Hell yeah man. My old 87' Limited Wagoneer Had 300,000 + miles on it and it was running perfect. Loved it, Thats Why I got the Grand cherokee with the same engine :)

• 2 weeks later...

Straight 6's last FOREVER. Its hard to blow one up the most that ever happens to them is they over heat and you crack the head but thats an easy cheap fix. My old Jeep Cherokee Laredo had the 4.0L straight 6 and it has 315000 miles on it and it still runs strong. Raced a Gradn Prix GTP and smoked it

I call absolute bull shit on that. Unless your were on a dirt road or a road where the gtp got zero traction. Or are you talking about like a 94 gtp with a 3.1 in it?

because i've had a 97 with a L67, a 99 with a L36, and now my 00 with an L36... and I guarantee those are all faster than a straight6 jeep with 315,000 miles on it and they aren't even THAT fast!

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

• 10 months later...

Alright I have to dig up the thread, I have a Jeep Cherokee with 170,000 miles on it and with the 4.0 Inline 6 and they are extremely tourqy. I was messing around with my boss and we dragged down our block at our shop against his 08 Infinity G37 V6 I beat him off the line to 45mph's and after that he then took off and shit all over me. I have brand new heads, piston rings, a lower thermostat, a flowmaster and its running even faster and engine is running a lot better.

The biggest thing thats sucks about a carbed I6's is the intake manifold.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

This is an age old debate, though I don't think guys on here will get too in depth.

I6's sometime have head gasket issues, Toxic I can't believe you just claimed a Jeep to be reliable lol :P

That what happened to mine after 168,000 miles. I had no compression and did a pressure test on the cylinders and the 5th cylinder way shit. Had the head gasket redone and its running brand new again!

The I6 are super reliable I have a 98 cherokee before I got my new Grand cherokee(some motor) and the only thing that happen to me was over heated twice but I beat the shit out of it 80% of the time I mean always gasing it to go sideway when wet or dirt road and lets not for get how many times it was mud booged feild hopped and jumped.

Archived