Jump to content

Boyfriend/girlfriend legal rights


Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay so the girlfriend of 3 years I sold all my car audio shit for to buy a VW beetle dumped me the day I sold my last item. I accepted all that tried to win her back.

No luck, she's being the biggest bitch known to mankind to me. She killed my heart and me entirely on the inside.

I've been mature this entire time, but it's not getting me any fucking where. So I decided to be as unfair as she is being to me...

If I have receipts for items I bought her over the years, can I legally take them back?

Considering we weren't married

Yeah yeah I know I might be a dick, but don't judge me. There is more hate towards her than anyone can describe.

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

Posted

Okay so the girlfriend of 3 years I sold all my car audio shit for to buy a VW beetle dumped me the day I sold my last item. I accepted all that tried to win her back.

No luck, she's being the biggest bitch known to mankind to me. She killed my heart and me entirely on the inside.

I've been mature this entire time, but it's not getting me any fucking where. So I decided to be as unfair as she is being to me...

If I have receipts for items I bought her over the years, can I legally take them back?

Considering we weren't married, and considering I would say they were all borrowed and not returned.

Yeah yeah I know I might be a dick, but don't judge me. There is more hate towards her than anyone can describe.

If I were you and I was looking for legal advice, I wouldn't make a post admitting I am about to lie.

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

If I were you and I was looking for legal advice, I wouldn't make a post admitting I am about to lie.

This.

Also, anyone could make a case. But will you win? Probably not. I mean, that's what happens when you try to change you and what you do for some broad who was just a girlfriend. You will lose money chasing women, but you will never lose women chasing money. Take it for a lesson learned, be this "mature" person you're talking about and move on.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

This was honestly more of a vent than anything. Just having a hard time with life right now.

I'll be the mature one, thanks guys

1997 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab, 350 Vortec

Things to come at some point...

Build Log: http://www.stevemead...2200ds-133-ohm/

Posted

You're 19, just drop it.

It's your own damn fault puppy love got ya to sell that shit.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock

 

1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit

Posted

to answer your question, there is no "legal" recognition of a boyfriend or girlfriend. Unless there was some sort of legal agreement that you 2 had when you gave her the stuff, all it will come down to is your word against hers in a small claims court. The problem even if you win, is then you are stuck dealing with her for however long it takes her to pay you back. If I were you, I would cut my losses, learn some lessons and go on with life. You have a great group of people on this forum to hangout with and hopefully some great people around you too. Stick to what is good and be happy! :)

 

F150:

Stock :(

 

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

 

Posted

Not sure of the laws in your state, but in California if you live together for six months or some shit it is considered the same as being married. So be careful if you sue for your stuff, it could backfire and you may lose even more.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9201 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...