Sonic Electronix

Alright so with summer coming up I wanted to find a good way to cool of my Kicker zx.2500. I was at Radio Shack and found these small fans. I was wondering whats the most effective placement for them. should I mount them near the vents blowing air into them or blowing the air out. And is it safe to wire the fan to my power and ground on the amp. (I would fuse the wire in that situation)

i used two fans in an install, i put them both blowing across the amps and they were really effective. i wired them to a relay that switches on with the remote wire and i got the power from the amp's power wires

My System (in VW golf/Rabbit mk2)

(1) Hifonics Brutus 2010D @ 1ohm

(1) Hifonics Zeus 440 Mids'nhighs

(3) JBL W10Gti subs

(2) JBL GTO838

(2) JBL GTO936

(1) run of 3/0 Gauge ofc

(1) Ac Delco120ah 850cca battery (front)

(1) Ac Delco 45ah 330cca battery (rear)

(1)Sony Gt630ui hu

34hz tuning

img2422kv.jpg

im going to do this to mine

C-Fizzy, on 01 April 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Check out my build thread http://www.stevemead...product-page-2/

New build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172646-punkrocks-97-civic-build/

Any pictures of fan setups would be appreciated. I just stopped at radioshack again and the guy showed me a fan that is essentially a small air conditioner. It creates cold air and pushes it out. Do i need to go that far? Or is a simple fan that pushes any air good enough. I wanna do this right

I just stopped at radioshack again and the guy showed me a fan that is essentially a small air conditioner.

How does that one work?

Here is a pic of my amp box.

The two visible fans are intake fans on the bottom of the amp box that pulls from the cooler air on the bottom of the trunk and pulls accross the amp to the exhaust fan which is on the upper left corner and shooting besides the box.

100_0255-1.jpg

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew