Unibody car. Making new ground? w/pics

Well, I'm in the process of finding the best location for my 3 XS batts and 2 3500w amps in my trunk. I was going to put the batts in behind where the back seats were but It would be hard to get them in and out of there weighing that much. So i figures i could put them in the spare tire well right below the trunk latch. only problem is the factory ground location is in the way. I was going to remove it but was not sure how to make another GOOD ground in my trunk (Unibody car) any idead on arrangement? or how to get another ground? Thanks heres some pics.

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

Whats going in IMG_1721.jpg

Shock towers, seatbelt bolts or seperate ground wire(s).

Sand to metal and upgrade wires up front.

Thats what I think.

Ground to the frame...

It's a unibody car he said, so there is no frame.

Op I would find another location for the battery's if you can't fit them in the spare tire well...looks like you have room without having to relocate that ground unless you want to keep the spare there. If not just sand off the paint to bare metal close to where the factory ground is and relocate it there. Stay away from seatbelt bolts they usually don't make good grounds.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

Ground to the frame...

It's a unibody car he said, so there is no frame.

Op I would find another location for the battery's if you can't fit them in the spare tire well...looks like you have room without having to relocate that ground unless you want to keep the spare there. If not just sand off the paint to bare metal close to where the factory ground is and relocate it there. Stay away from seatbelt bolts they usually don't make good grounds.

Yeah, I just measured 3 batts are 20" across so they would only fit where that ground structure is as the tire well narrows as it goes back. I was going to put the batts on a platform in the very back of trunk but they would be 2-3 ft away from the ground and be hard as hell to get in and out as the trunk is so deep. I dont know what I should do. I plan on stacking the crescendos so its neater and takes up less space. I also dont want 280 pounds of batts off center. Trying to make the weight even.

So i guess im gonna sit and scratch my head for a while. Wouldn't think something so simple is so complicated. Damn cars cant be uniform gotta be all odd shaped lol

Yea just hack it off and ground to the chassis...the rear strut tower is a good place like Kranny suggested. You were planin on some neg runs from the front to back right? I know the stock battery is in the back but you can (should) run a ground from the alt bracket to the rear batts.