Trippi's Hummer the Final Chapter (Eye Candy on page 36 & 52)

That's what I understood from said post btw looked up the cost of a ba3 and if what I found is right then holy f**k

http://www.youtube.c...e1?feature=mheehttp://www.stevemead...87#entry1993187

JVC KD-R530 head unit

VVME INNO-D1500 sub amp

Kenwood KAC-8402 amplifierPioneer 2-way 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohms

DTI Audio 6.5 X2 @ 4 ohmsbox: 4.24 ft^3 tuned to 61 hertz (port walls fell off and dissapeared :( )

I clamped yesterday, .5 rising to 1.7 ohms, starting voltage was 16.5 dropping to unknown(shouldnt be too bad with 20 D1400's lol) 5184rms. I believe there was still some more in the amp as i only was able to have hooked up to one subwoofer.

I have no idea how this is even possible when I got 6200 out of mine @ 11.4 on a 26 hz tone, starting at .7 rising to 1.7

Adjust your gains and try it again failberger

He quit when he reached the machanical limits of the sub. Well before the amp gave out on him.

How did the amp give out on him not undersanding i have been talking to beger through the whole build so unless u know something that I dont

Don't think he is saying the amp maxed out or anything, just that he couldn't go any further on the amp test due to maxing out the sub itself. Basically, reach the limits on the amp due to the sub not being able to take more. :)

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Correct guys, I realize now my wording was not the most clearest. I shouldnt have even posted them clamp numbers to be honest.

When I pulled those clamp numbers, I only had 1 sub hooked up to the 8.5k at .5 ohm. The sub failed way before the amp reached it's max output. I was testing to find out the thermal capabilities of the subwoofer.

When I was doing some testing, I did have the meter hooked up.

2 DC 5ks strapped at 1 ohm (.5 each amp) vs 1 Flatline 8.5k at 1 ohm. The 2 DC amps clamped 10,400 rms. I did not get a good read on the Flatline amp.

On average the DC amps was only .6 - .8 DB's louder than the Flatline amp. I'd say the Flatline is doing pretty ;)

I clamped yesterday, .5 rising to 1.7 ohms, starting voltage was 16.5 dropping to unknown(shouldnt be too bad with 20 D1400's lol) 5184rms. I believe there was still some more in the amp as i only was able to have hooked up to one subwoofer.

I have no idea how this is even possible when I got 6200 out of mine @ 11.4 on a 26 hz tone, starting at .7 rising to 1.7

Adjust your gains and try it again failberger

He quit when he reached the machanical limits of the sub. Well before the amp gave out on him.

How did the amp give out on him not undersanding i have been talking to beger through the whole build so unless u know something that I dont
Don't think he is saying the amp maxed out or anything, just that he couldn't go any further on the amp test due to maxing out the sub itself. Basically, reach the limits on the amp due to the sub not being able to take more. :)

This is what I was trying to word, I just couldn't seem to pull it all together.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Also would like to add that the sub took more than 51xx rms. I wasnt able to get a clamp number...i estimate around 6,000 tho

Also would like to add that the sub took more than 51xx rms. I wasnt able to get a clamp number...i estimate around 6,000 tho

So it did blow?

How long would you estimate?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Archived