Sundown Audio

best .5 stable amp for 2000 RMS

yungw33z

Don't know if these are worth a damn but two of these strapped should work for dirt cheap http://compare.ebay.com/like/270962749296?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

Audipipe seems to get flamed alot...they arent top notch but will get the job done and do close to rated. 2 strapped would be perfect for two sa-12's. Run them both at 1000-1200w all day. I run my single sa-12 on my brz1200 and i know it clips sometimes but that sa keeps kickin

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

you guys have to realize that the SA would be rated at 1000 watts rms by alot of other companies. Jacob doesnt want some retard blowing things up and blaming him so he underrated them heavily.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Why is everyone falling in love with strapping amps?

Take it from someone that has strapped many amps only do this if you have to...

In every test I have done non strapped amps were louder more stable and sounded better than strappeed amps

The only time I strap now isb if I have 4 amps to 1 sub or that's the. Only way to run it at the ohms I need if there is an option to run unstrapped. I will take it everytime

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

actually im having alts made 300amp at least 2 of them and i had d4 subs since i ever got into car audio i honestly wanted to just try diff setups my last setup was 2 15" l7's i sold tthem for 400 less than a week ago n just put the sa12's in honestly and the other subs im going to have a 4th order or a kerf box built into my car walled and firing into cabin so im not just 1 of these noobs ive been dealing with it since i was literally 14. but back to topic these sa12s handle wayyy more then rated and im having all of them reconed in like 3months with spl coils so they'll be just fine for all my experimenting. :popcorn:

No im not spitting out bullshit to look cool thats for a noob not me lol and actually i have wired subs in the past at 4ohm, 2ohms and 1 ohm. i just wanted to test out the .5 on my electrical im fucking SPOILED if my alt burns out or amp fry guess what ill have it back within 3weeks i have reliable parents btw im in tech college so cant pay for everything i do take care of my school shit but they give me the money when it comes to my car shit not my fault im a only child lmfao

you guys have to realize that the SA would be rated at 1000 watts rms by alot of other companies. Jacob doesnt want some retard blowing things up and blaming him so he underrated them heavily.

Yea but I know alot of people look at em and see the 600w rating and get turned off...i spent hours trying to talk friends into them over kicker stuff and they think because the one is rated higher its better.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Only noobs repeat that there not noobs

But you didn't even need to say we can tell by your content in this thread lol

x2

noob is obvious noob.

you are bragging that you dont pay for your own shit and you are just going to try something so you can blow it up and make your parents pay for more equipment? dude, you are the lowest piece of shit on this forum at the moment. welcome to the bottom. im sure your rich parents are proud that you are going to a "for profit" college. we interview graduates from those places just to laugh at how little they know.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Attention Folks

When building an AUDIO SYSTEM it is important to note that is a SYSTEM. And should be designed as such from the beginning.

What this means is that if you have your eye on a certain component, (perhaps a certain model subwoofer or amplifier) Before purchasing said item, you should research and choose other components of the system that will compliment that item to it's best effect. If you were to first choose a subwoofer based on a coil impedance, you have started off on the wrong foot. You can, however, choose a subwoofer model that you like and find a proper amplifier to match it's available coil impedances and it's power handling. Once you have done this, you must also choose the proper battery setup and wiring to supply the proper current. In conjunction with the battery setup, you must also choose the proper alternator setup for your application. This means an alternator that can keep your batteries charged and that will fit your driving habits.

Simply stating that you will have multiple 300A alts made for a 2000w system implies that proper system design is not being done. It is OK to play around and experiment with various components and mix match things to learn more. This is sometimes encouraged. However, this desire to mix match does signify the thought process of a noob. Simply stating that you are not a noob does not hold weight when evidence to the contrary is prevalent.

Most should take great care in designing their audio system to ensure proper operation and satisfaction. If not, then one must be content on the idea of spending more money to find that balance in the equipment that they choose.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

No im not spitting out bullshit to look cool thats for a noob not me lol and actually i have wired subs in the past at 4ohm, 2ohms and 1 ohm. i just wanted to test out the .5 on my electrical im fucking SPOILED if my alt burns out or amp fry guess what ill have it back within 3weeks i have reliable parents btw im in tech college so cant pay for everything i do take care of my school shit but they give me the money when it comes to my car shit not my fault im a only child lmfao

you and JP not friends by any chance are ya?

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived