First time FIBERGLASS! **door panels 6.5" mid range 99 jeep grand cherokee

Yeah, you just ruined a door panel. And your getting defensive already, I imagine tomorrow's pics are going to be a horror show and the comments that follow.

so much for goin easy on him :lol: but hes right. You can't get all defensive about it man. and you could research it till next year, but doing it and reading about it are 2 different things. essentially, your just wasting material now. your stiffening up creases and folds that are gonna have to be knocked down to smooth them out.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Yeah, you just ruined a door panel. And your getting defensive already, I imagine tomorrow's pics are going to be a horror show and the comments that follow.

so much for goin easy on him :lol: but hes right. You can't get all defensive about it man. and you could research it till next year, but doing it and reading about it are 2 different things. essentially, your just wasting material now. your stiffening up creases and folds that are gonna have to be knocked down to smooth them out.

Im not trying to get defensive, i was just saying i added the glass material and it looks 100 times better. There are no more creases and bends in anything.. should have just posted pictures of these not the ones i did lol.

Biggest thing I see here is you want to stretch the fabric before you resin it, not hope it sticks and slather some resin on

Who knows, maybe you can get it to turn out halfway decent :)

Biggest thing I see here is you want to stretch the fabric before you resin it, not hope it sticks and slather some resin on

Who knows, maybe you can get it to turn out halfway decent :)

ill post another picture here in a second, i think the pictures were taken from to far away. I did stretch it it just looked bad in the other pictures just give me a sec here

Im waiting for this to dry right now. I just had someone come over that is very experienced with fiberglass and said it will be totally fine. its the bondo that makes of breaks it.

Your someone that "is very experienced w glass" is wrong. Period. As stated above by others... tear that off, do more reading, watching, learning and give it another go. Would you rather you do it right and have them look great? Or do you want ass looking door panels? you added glass mat and more resin over all kinds of nasty waves and folds, if anything you are setting yourself up for countless more hours of prep and finish work to get a solid looking end result.. if you're going to do it, wouldnt you want to do it right? Although, its your truck, your build... do it how you want..when it looks like shit.. one less competitor peeps will have to worry about in SOTM..

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Still looks terrible, I can easily see all kinds of area that are going to be air bubbles and soft spots.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Archived