I actually saw a chick on a 250 the other day on the highway. That thing is a turd

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

until it turns on and sounds like a scooter

So? Who cares what it sounds like, it's something to learn on and that's really all that matters. If people really care how they'll look on a bike then they're riding for the wrong reason.

I actually saw a chick on a 250 the other day on the highway. That thing is a turd

Again, it's not supposed to be the greatest bike out there, it's an entry level bike to get some experience on that can keep up with traffic and be forgiving. It is the same as, if not better than, a lot of cars out on the road. Quarter mile in mid 14's is about average and will do anyone just fine, though it is still slow my todays standards. And I'd say being able to get to ~95 mph is plenty for the highway.

Basically, you don't learn to drive behind the wheel of a 10 second car, so why do the same on a motorcycle? Especially when the dangers are greater. I personally don't care if someone starts on a 250 or a 1400, ultimately they're the ones that will have to deal with whatever consequences may come to them.

The newer ninja 250s are not bad looking at all. As far as being a pocket bike compared to you, im 6'2 200lbs and a 600 can outride me anytime of day. 2 hours on a friends bike is nothing. The longer youre riding the more risk youre exposed to. 2 hours doesnt account for all the rider mistakes and cagers driving down the road who cut you off, brake check you, and purposely make dangerous maneuvers toward you, and yes it is forreal and does happen, i know from experience. As stated above a 600 is much less forgiving than a 250 and a 750 and 1000 are complete different beasts. We are talking 1/4 turn throttles here where a 1/16 of an inch bounce on the throttle is the difference between going 45 to 60 that quick. A pothole or bump, obstacle in the road, ive seen people sneeze and start to superman through traffic. If you have your mind set on a specific bike then anything anyone can say wont sway you otherwise, but the littlest approvement from anyone sayin anything thing bigger is ok is accepted. Whatever you decide, use the knowledge experienced riders give you and buy good gear, eventually you will need it.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i have a ninja 250, im 6' about 200. fit perfect, its a fun little bike but has its limitations. i topped it out at 113. and it doesnt sound like crap, i like the sound of it. its not a high pitched zippy sound like a 600 but it still purrs. it handles better than any other bike ive ever rode.... zx-6r's are right in the 6k range used, and cbr 600rr can be had for 4-6k. my two favorite bikes...

also i think the 250's are pretty good lookin bikes...

577360_4054778894908_1925950013_n.jpg

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

size doesnt matter all that much, i say go sit on some. Find one you are comfortable on, the more comfortable you are the better. I would start with a 600 for sure, you dont want to buy a 250 and get sick of it in a month. Whatever you buy though, good luck. Don't get sucked into buying what other people think is cool, buy something you are gonna be at least semi proud to own.

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

If you ever plan on tracking it I can tell you from experience the most fun you'll ever have is doing the EX250 class races.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

size doesnt matter all that much, i say go sit on some. Find one you are comfortable on, the more comfortable you are the better. I would start with a 600 for sure, you dont want to buy a 250 and get sick of it in a month. Whatever you buy though, good luck. Don't get sucked into buying what other people think is cool, buy something you are gonna be at least semi proud to own.

Do you even ride? Telling someone size doesn't matter on a motorcycle is pretty ignorant. And if you're bored with a 250 in a month you don't know how to ride. It would take a long time to even push that bike near its limit, but most people think being able to ride it from one place to another means you can ride.

I agree with all the safety comments and not starting with a liter bike. But don't buy a 250 dude. I promise you'll be bored with it in a months time. Go to a track day and watch people who started on a 600. They're no slower than people that started on 250s. That's a huge myth. Everyone learns things differently. The biggest difference between a 600 and a 1000 is torque. A 600 at 9k rpm will do what a 1000 does at 4k rpm. So the response is far more aggressive. You're looking at 100+ mph before you even leave first gear. They are monsters. BUT if you can respect it and ride responsibly, you could start on a liter bike without a problem. People do it all the time A bike will go as fast as you make it. I've had a cbr f4i, a gixxer 750 and I still have my 636 ninja. 600's are plenty fast for even larger people. And if you get bored with it, you're not riding it hard enough.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

I started off riding ATV's from a young age... When i made the leap into Street Bikes i started with a Katana 200 for about 1.5 years and from there i got an R6 and eventually picked up an R1.... I will say the 600's are no slouches... You definitely need to respect them...

Best advice i can give you is start moderately and work up to the BUSA those things are retarded fast and lots of torque so i wouldnt jump to quick bro but take your time and you'll be there in no time :good:

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Do you even ride? Telling someone size doesn't matter on a motorcycle is pretty ignorant. And if you're bored with a 250 in a month you don't know how to ride. It would take a long time to even push that bike near its limit, but most people think being able to ride it from one place to another means you can ride.

I do ride, every day in fact. I started riding dirt bikes and quads when i was around 10. At the moment i own 3 bikes, a cbr929rr a sv650 and a harley dyna lowrider. I owned a 250 when i was 20, but they are small, and a guy his size would end up feeling too big on it. But i see in your sig that you own a 250 so you are understandably defensive against comments against 250s. size only matters when you ride like an idiot.

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

Archived