Sundown Audio

Critical mass is a ripofff

bassface

Case and point.

Sundown, DC Audio, Cactus Sounds, Incriminator Audio, American Bass to name a few..

All built in the same Korean buildhouse.

All very closely priced in MSRP, MAP, and Team member price.

Now lets look at Crescendo.

1/3 the cost.

The 3KWP was problematic and than some, smaller inductors, torrids, weaker mosfets.

Selling gimmick of the amp was "same as sundown saz3000".

Take them apart you will notice for yourself about the parts used.

Nail on the head. But like I said, all could be from the same build house, but I would assume they all use different parts on the boards, as Audiofanaticz explain on the windings very well. :drink40:

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats like buying a pair of original Jordan's for lets say $200 u can go to the flea market and get the same pair for $50. they look the same but is the quality, comfort and craftsmanship gonna be the same heck no!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Because SoundMagus is an OEM, they make some of Cadence's amps too, notably the Xenith series. You paid mark-up, sucks to suck, deal with it.

I'm gonna hate

• 9 months later...

I know I am late to the party but I figured I would give my 2 cents anyway. I too bought the Critical Mass ULA2500V2.0 and then saw the Sound magus, Massive N4 and the American Bass Phantom series. I do not have experience in any of the others, but in competition I had the amp clamped and I was ONLY putting out 650 watts at 1.5 Ohm and according to CM I am supposed to be pushing an easy 1900! VERY DISAPPOINTED, especially when I entered in the 2000 watt class and could've stayed in the under 1000 :( Iam thinking of selling it on eBay and getting a few of the massives ans see what kind of difference it makes!

I know I am late to the party but I figured I would give my 2 cents anyway. I too bought the Critical Mass ULA2500V2.0 and then saw the Sound magus, Massive N4 and the American Bass Phantom series. I do not have experience in any of the others, but in competition I had the amp clamped and I was ONLY putting out 650 watts at 1.5 Ohm and according to CM I am supposed to be pushing an easy 1900! VERY DISAPPOINTED, especially when I entered in the 2000 watt class and could've stayed in the under 1000 :( Iam thinking of selling it on eBay and getting a few of the massives ans see what kind of difference it makes!

Come on, man. Why bump an almost year old thread?

Come on, man. Why bump an almost year old thread?

He didnt bump this thread

He added information

nothing wrong

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old topic but I had to put my two cents in for the guy who is still thinking about buying A Critical Mass Amp. I had a Critical Mass ULA800 in my Suburban but it never sounded as good as I thought it should have so I replaced it with a JBL GTO1004. The JBL sounds much better and is a lot louder all for a fraction of the price of the Critical mass.

Theres actually a little bit of a difference to the amps...

Look at the size difference in the windings on the torid and inductor.

First thing I noticed too. Also the caps have a different brand name on them.

Edit- Didn't notice this thread was dug out of the grave though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 3 years later...

Archived