"official" what's your career?

graduated in 1994 at 17 years old got hired at the local phone company, been there every since this is my 18th year and I'll be 36 in August half my life they call me the young veteran, I work as a Fiber Optic Cable tech but they've been teaching me some engineering the last 3 months, I know telephone field work like the back of my hand....

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

Excuse me, but to all the people that said they do CAD or plan to. What exactly do you do? Does it depend on the company you work for or is it a task that everyone does similar?

All I know is that it's a program where you can design anything, I didn't know you could make a career out of it.

Could someone please inform me more into this subject, I'm starting to get curious.

I worked an internship/training at the Caterpillar (or CAT, they manufacture construction vehicles) down here in Waco. I was in charge of designing Buckets (the scoops I guess you would call them) and Bucket teeth for digging through different materials. That was my specific duty on a team of designers. Other people had other parts. It was really more of a test for ingenuity and creativity.

What you do is start out with a sketch which can be made up of straight lines and curves and has to be a closed figure. You control the lengths and angles of these. You then extrude (blow up) that to get a basic figure. From there you can sketch on the flat plains of that figure and extrude further or cut into it to (to add and remove material, respectively). You do that until you have your 3d object (I'm simplifying like crazy here, this is truly the hardest part) which was in my case, the Bucket.

From there I had to model the Bucket pins (bolts that hold it all together) and other parts separately. Then you load all the pieces into once document and build it in the program...this is the killer, because if it doesn't fit right you have to modify it VERY slightly so that you remain within your design constraints (design rules basically).

Once that's done you print out the sketch sheets that have the top, side, and angle views with all measurements on them, then you email the finished product to the laser cutter guy so he can cut all the pieces out and powder coat them. After that the build team takes over and...they build it lol. If ANYTHING is wrong, it comes back on the Designer and the Design manager (because he has to approve it).

P.S. I hated that shit. Design is not for me. I was using Autodesk Inventor.

Air Traffic Controller!

Whereabouts?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Well... I graduated back in 2005. While still in highshcool I started working at a lumber yard which lasted about 2 years. Went to work as aJCO III at TYC (Texas Youth Commission ) in Pyote TX for 2 years. That place got closed down because the main "boss man" what getting sexually involed with young boys. I also I worked out on a drilling rig as a motor man, derrick hand, boom opperator for a 1 year and a half before I ended up getting hurt on the job. Now Im an Assistant Parts & Service Manager at a Ford dealership. Been working here going on 4 years now. Decent pay.... good hours, weekends off. Can also get any ford part at cost... which helps haha.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Excuse me, but to all the people that said they do CAD or plan to. What exactly do you do? Does it depend on the company you work for or is it a task that everyone does similar?

All I know is that it's a program where you can design anything, I didn't know you could make a career out of it.

Could someone please inform me more into this subject, I'm starting to get curious.

I worked an internship/training at the Caterpillar (or CAT, they manufacture construction vehicles) down here in Waco. I was in charge of designing Buckets (the scoops I guess you would call them) and Bucket teeth for digging through different materials. That was my specific duty on a team of designers. Other people had other parts. It was really more of a test for ingenuity and creativity.

What you do is start out with a sketch which can be made up of straight lines and curves and has to be a closed figure. You control the lengths and angles of these. You then extrude (blow up) that to get a basic figure. From there you can sketch on the flat plains of that figure and extrude further or cut into it to (to add and remove material, respectively). You do that until you have your 3d object (I'm simplifying like crazy here, this is truly the hardest part) which was in my case, the Bucket.

From there I had to model the Bucket pins (bolts that hold it all together) and other parts separately. Then you load all the pieces into once document and build it in the program...this is the killer, because if it doesn't fit right you have to modify it VERY slightly so that you remain within your design constraints (design rules basically).

Once that's done you print out the sketch sheets that have the top, side, and angle views with all measurements on them, then you email the finished product to the laser cutter guy so he can cut all the pieces out and powder coat them. After that the build team takes over and...they build it lol. If ANYTHING is wrong, it comes back on the Designer and the Design manager (because he has to approve it).

P.S. I hated that shit. Design is not for me. I was using Autodesk Inventor.

Would you have to take engineering classes?

NDE lv2/3. Weld Inspector with a side of Quality Control / QA for our nuclear power plants. Currently in PA at a company who fabs the waste canisters(trash cans) for the spent fuel rods. Can see them being made on "hows it made" lol

where at in pa and for how long

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Air Traffic Controller!

Whereabouts?

Travis AFB

nice I'm just a private pilot now but I'm over on the east coast.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

UPS, working morning pre load.. so i can goto welding school during the day. then im going to under water welding school

what location??

orem, utah. getting up at 2:30 in the morning sucks lol

What's up man... Only a select few of us from this state... Did you see the meet on the 30th right in your back yard? We will be there, hope to see some local faces...

Archived