tests between ofc and cca

shit like this needs to be stickied in the wiring forum so people can quit asking questions about it ....(on the other hand i would'nt know the difference if it were'nt for those threads but still)

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Cca cabel is fine you just need more of it I would run 2 runs of cca over 1 run of ofc everyday of the week I also know of a couble 160+ cars running only CCA wire again just more of it cause it was cost effective

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Two runs of CCA is more cost effective than one run of copper cable? Huh?

If it's cheaper then yeah?

Knu KCA (which is CCA) is rated to carry 250a and the OFC is rated to carry 300. The kick is...the OFC is (roughly) twice the price.

So say the CCA could only even handle 200a safely. Two runs of it still outperform the OFC for the money. It's a hassle and it's huge (doesn't fit in normal 1/0 terminals) but it does make sense to do it cost-wise.

Problem is alot of people trim the end so they can fit it into a 1/0 gauge lug. They dont just give you a fatter cable because they are nice, they do it because the cable needs to be that fat to carry a certain amount of current. I personally will just pay the extra and buy ofc.

Problem is alot of people trim the end so they can fit it into a 1/0 gauge lug. They dont just give you a fatter cable because they are nice, they do it because the cable needs to be that fat to carry a certain amount of current. I personally will just pay the extra and buy ofc.

Do you just post to post without any knowlage at all CCA fits in 1/0 lugs just fine it does not fiit into amps all that great and what's the problem with trimming the ends? How much current loss you think your gonna get? Before you anwser your wrong lol

I personally run welding cable 2/0 but would still run 2 runs of cca over 1 run of ofc

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Welding wire isn't much more than CCA and with each run to the back almost capable of 300 amps i know what i would run.

I find welding wire...cumbersome. Especially the bigger gauges. I have a few tight corners and I'd rather not have to fight with the wire. My buddy used some welding wire for his big 3 and his battery terminal is at a funny angle...we had hell trying to get the stop the wire from bowing out and touching his belt.

The Knu CCA (which is the only kind I have used and would recommend) is really flexible and just easier to work with, aside from the size.

I understand that the CCA needs to be bigger to carry the same current which is cool with me (at the price of course). I'll deal with trimming it down a little. I can also completely understand why some people would say "fuck that" and just get OFC. It's all personal preference really.

It just pisses me off when people see "CCA" written on my wire and think I'm an idiot. Especially when they have Bullz Audio "OFC 4ga" that's actually 8ga in a thick ass jacket.

EDIT: And with all this "oversized" shit these days there's lots of wire (brands) that needs to be trimmed. Nothing wrong with that.

Do you just post to post without any knowlage at all CCA fits in 1/0 lugs just fine it does not fiit into amps all that great and what's the problem with trimming the ends? How much current loss you think your gonna get? Before you anwser your wrong lol

I personally run welding cable 2/0 but would still run 2 runs of cca over 1 run of ofc

No i usually look it up before i post, i meant ring terminals not lugs. If you want 2 runs of cca instead of 1 run of ofc thats up to you, I dont care.

i have never had to trim any of my KNU wire to get it to fit into any terminal, CCA or OFC. i never understood how people have trouble with this.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived