Second Skin Audio

Sealed box specs for Alpine SWR-1242D.

logspace

Any particular reason you want sealed? As in you're limited in space or something along those lines?

It has an EBP of 58 so it could be used on sealed, and Alpine in fact gives a spec for sealed, and that is 0.78 cubic feet of net internal volume.

No one of the few that have tried (to my knowledge) has liked the results. You could be the first one though..

Random fact, that was your 1,337th post. :lol:

Right, so OP don't be discouraged to try it, you can always go ported later.

I still have my stock headunit, tweeters, 4 6.5's and 2 6x9's. Its the bose system in 2005 Altima. Pretty good quality and loud enough for me, but lacking some bass. If I put the subs in a ported box, I know the bass will drown out the mids and highs. So I'm not looking for a whole lot of output. I put them in my friends ported box and they slammed hard. My friend let me use his old Sony Xplod 12" in a sealed box, and it was almost loud enough. So I'm thinking that 2 type R's sealed should be plenty loud, and hopefully decent SQ. I listen to a lot of fast paced music that my friends ported box has a hard time responding fast enough to hit all the notes, and they blur together..

Bandpass responds really well when tuned properly and has increased output over sealed.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

I still have my stock headunit, tweeters, 4 6.5's and 2 6x9's. Its the bose system in 2005 Altima. Pretty good quality and loud enough for me, but lacking some bass. If I put the subs in a ported box, I know the bass will drown out the mids and highs. So I'm not looking for a whole lot of output. I put them in my friends ported box and they slammed hard. My friend let me use his old Sony Xplod 12" in a sealed box, and it was almost loud enough. So I'm thinking that 2 type R's sealed should be plenty loud, and hopefully decent SQ. I listen to a lot of fast paced music that my friends ported box has a hard time responding fast enough to hit all the notes, and they blur together..

Depend on the box you are using, if the box keeps group delay low it will keep up and it wont take over mods and highs if your gain is set right. The unquestionable advantage of sealed is a small box.

Archived