So I bought my subs 1 year ago, and my amp, door speakers, and head unit 2 months ago, and they just sit here in my room. This is all because one thing, my lack of money. I just cannot get enough money together to get more power wire, dist. blocks, speaker wire, etc.... I am starting to get pissed, I just want my truck to have some decent tunes. I cannot be the only one here who has there new equipment just sitting, unused, and there is nothing you can do about it. So far I have been dreaming for one year plus. What do you guys got sitting, just waiting to be used, and it pisses you off that it is. (/Rant Over)

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

postponing hobbies because of "Lack of Money" is a way of life for me ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I got head unit, 3 amps, 150 ft 1/0 gauge, 150ft 16 gauge, 2 jl13w7's, 3 sets of dls componet speakers, everything nib sitting on the living room floor. I am still building this fucking fiberglass subwoofer enclosure for 2 months lol. This box is taking forever to build and costing a fortune in materials.

postponing hobbies because of "Lack of Money" is a way of life for me ...

Seriously. I feel you on that one. I tell myself that is part of being a "grown up" ...but that doesn't make me feel any better about it.

Just like you are talking about OP, I've got all kinds of crap in my head I wanna' do, and stuff here and there, but I have to make myself not start those things because I haven't done other things that have been sitting on hold even longer. More speakers, system revamp, more lights, body work, paint job, on and on.

I feel you tho- it is frustrating as Hell.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

My collection of build a system keeps getting bigger. Money, time, and weather are issues. In Phoenix we are already hitting 110 degrees. 2 years ago I tried to Dynamat my truck when it was that hot and almost passed out after 25min.

And problem number 4. dont change your design every month so nothing ever gets completed

I feel like for most of us, that how awesome it will be some day, keeps us going. I have changed my components to get the best bang for my buck, but working 40+ hours a week is all I can do, but the damn bills don't stop either. I know all my friends just keep asking when I will have my system installed, I used to say a date, or time frame, but recently I just say soon... I sort of die a little bit inside, because it is not soon enough.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

Know how ya feel man. Been working on my new box for about two months now and I'm just now going to get it completely done this weekend! It's cost me a lot more than I thought it would but bills come first. Just be patient man, I know it sucks but take your time and do it right and it will be worth it. And kinda like Smoove said don't be changing the setup all the time. Get a plan and go with it. BTW, this is the first box I've Herculined and it looks AMAZING!!! (boasting cause I've always wanted a box like this lol)

HU: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X791

Fronts: Image Dynamics CTX65CS

Rears: Image Dynamics CTX69

Subs: 2, 12" Boston Acoustics G5 w/ GTR passive radiators

4-channel amp: MB Quart ONX4.125

Sub amp: Kicker ZX750.1 ('07 model, 926 watts RMS @ 2ohms rated)

1/0 awg Rockford Fosgate & KnuKonceptz wiring all around

XS Power D5100R main battery

Coming soon: Mechman 220 amp alternator & Sundown Audio 125.4

For about 2 months or so I had my battery, Amp, wire, wood, recones and motors w/ baskets just sitting here because I didn't have the time to start my build.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/