Sonic Electronix

when you look at hifonics, stay away from the hifi series. Look mainly at the brutus.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Like others have stated, BOSS is crap. Stay away at all cost! You're going to be running a nice sub so get a nice amp to match it. Hifonics' higher lineup amps are good, a few NCOs at work run em and they work great.

HU: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X791

Fronts: Image Dynamics CTX65CS

Rears: Image Dynamics CTX69

Subs: 2, 12" Boston Acoustics G5 w/ GTR passive radiators

4-channel amp: MB Quart ONX4.125

Sub amp: Kicker ZX750.1 ('07 model, 926 watts RMS @ 2ohms rated)

1/0 awg Rockford Fosgate & KnuKonceptz wiring all around

XS Power D5100R main battery

Coming soon: Mechman 220 amp alternator & Sundown Audio 125.4

I have a Boss CX800. Junk. Nowhere near rated. gets hot and distorts before anywhere near loud, at 8 ohms bridged.

Waste of money.

I'd save a little more, get an Crescendo BC2000, and call it a day! :)

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Boss is junk, don't waste your money and time....Go with a hifonics. I am running a BRZ1700.1D at 2 ohms currently, i love this amp...it packs a nice punch for the price.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

If you already own it...throw it as far as you can and then RUN (don't walk) in the other direction.

Now, you've obviously opened your internet browser so go to crescendoaudio.com or audioque.com and check those out. That XXX is a very power-hungry woofer and most people aren't impressed with it on low power.

Stay away from the new hifonics gladiator series too. I haven't seen any results yet, but the fact they are doing shit like putting a 2 AWG power and ground on a 2200 rms amp is pretty shitty to me.

so whats the deal with the Skar 1500 with 1/0 power/ground?

:)

Stay away from the new hifonics gladiator series too. I haven't seen any results yet, but the fact they are doing shit like putting a 2 AWG power and ground on a 2200 rms amp is pretty shitty to me.

so whats the deal with the Skar 1500 with 1/0 power/ground?

It's UNDER RATED so it's BETTER duh. Forget the quality of the internals or the effectiveness of the heatsink....it does more than rated power so it's obviously a great amp!

Boss amps are horrible because they don't do rated. Hifonics amps barely do rated so they're only OK amps. But those old school amps that were rated at 20 watts and did like 300...those are the BEST!

(As if the label on the outside or the number in the manual have anything to do with performance...)

If you already own it...throw it as far as you can and then RUN (don't walk) in the other direction.

Now, you've obviously opened your internet browser so go to crescendoaudio.com or audioque.com and check those out. That XXX is a very power-hungry woofer and most people aren't impressed with it on low power.

Agreed, Real power, it's a whole different story brah

XS-power1.jpg

Archived