Sundown Audio

RF Constant Power a gimmick?

hdorre

If you MUST wire to 2 or 4 ohms it is beneficial. But at 1 ohm, CP's are the same as the previous model.

actually when you consider the amount of box rise that your amp does not "see", it is a truly different amp then the previous model. Its NOT a gimmick, its the real deal. Don't mistake this technology for that old JL audio thing everyone tries to compare it to. This is totally different.

So they have very well regulated power supplies? Seems like quite a lot to spend for that alone, to me, anyhow.

I'm gonna hate

I remember reading something about the amps adjusting input sensitivity somehow. I don't think they accomplish it with the power supply. I could easily be wrong about that though, so take it with a grain of salt...

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I remember reading something about the amps adjusting input sensitivity somehow. I don't think they accomplish it with the power supply. I could easily be wrong about that though, so take it with a grain of salt...

Auto-gain? :P

I'm gonna hate

haha. someone could make some serious money off that!

I wish I could remember what was said, I just remember it having something to do with the input. And it could have been wrong anyway.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I have a T1500bdcp and I love it. I never thought about box rise, but that is a good point and makes the amp even more beneficial.

Vehicle: 2007 GMC Denali

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-8400BH

Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp

Sub: Ascendant Audio Havoc 12"

Electrical: Big 3, Dual Batteries, Stock 160-amp alternator

Wiring: RF 0 gauge

Box: Custom built 1.89^3 net

I wish lol Oh well, thats why I have a DD1 :shrug:

I wish I could remember what was said, I just remember it having something to do with the input. And it could have been wrong anyway.

Hmm.. that just gives me something to look up. Thanks :)

I have a T1500bdcp and I love it. I never thought about box rise, but that is a good point and makes the amp even more beneficial.

:good: Im guessing it hasnt given you any problems? Whats the nominal impedance that the amp is seeing?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

that is too much amp for 2 SA 8's

They could take it. Not daily!

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I wish lol Oh well, thats why I have a DD1 :shrug:

Hmm.. that just gives me something to look up. Thanks :)

:good: Im guessing it hasnt given you any problems? Whats the nominal impedance that the amp is seeing?

1 ohm. The amp is running a little hot. I'm adding another 0 gauge ground under the hood and upgrading my batt to see if that helps. I also bought a volt meter to see where I stand on that. No dimming lights and my stock volt meter usually reads around 14v. I have it mounted under my 2nd row seat and it doesn't have the greatest circulation. I took the beauty cover off that surrounded the amp and I put the seat in the forward position to help it breathe. That seems to have helped some. But it sounds great on a single 12" Havoc.

Vehicle: 2007 GMC Denali

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-8400BH

Sub Amp: Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp

Sub: Ascendant Audio Havoc 12"

Electrical: Big 3, Dual Batteries, Stock 160-amp alternator

Wiring: RF 0 gauge

Box: Custom built 1.89^3 net

i jammed 0 gauge into the 4 gauge terminals.. it made a huge difference when watching the volt meter. i used to drop below 10. Then it rarely dropped below 12 volts after i did that.. have a 600 and 1800 kinetik with the big 3. This amp is a monster for its size and rating. It really needs to have 0 gauge inputs IMO

Archived