Sonic Electronix

Got a ridiculous hypothetcial question for the pro's.

just cool your trunk with an ammonia based cooling system............oh wait that shits expensive........we use to wrap co2 lines around aluminum boxes to keep certain items cold.....i would think co2 would be the way to go.........maybe not directly on amps or subs but in the general area of where equipment would be.....if a sub can take 5000wts i dont think cooling the sub is the way to go more than making sure you are getting the cleanest signal from the amp and keeping it cool while doing it........maybe im dumb but i just always thought clean power equals saving your subs from blowing to shit...........but correct me if im wrong....

Edited by bigmescan

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Guys rehash old ideas all the time but you are taking me back to partying like its 1999 man, lol

impp_0105_01_zbazooka_liquid_cooled_pro20_amplifierstop_view.jpg

h204CHIL-f_dmt.jpg

saswater.jpg

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

but they did it. I dont think it was around very long. Their gear was pretty meh. They did market triangle woofers at one point so........ but the idea is there. I never knew anyone that ran them.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

not really wanting to read a full page of comments but yes, liquid cooling is possible, but for the overclocking of the amp... i would say no, in the way of overclocking a computer. now you could upgrade some things and mod the internals but an amp can only push so hard until it clips or you run out of power supplying it which would cause clipping/distortion. sorry if this was said but im too lazy to read a full page of comments at the moment.

Oh cool, another computer geek like me! I've got more CPU-Z validations than you can shake a stick at, and all the eraser coated motherboards to show for it! :P

OT: Not sure how you would get water to the voice coil, I have seen people run water through the tubes on the old HCCA cheater amps before.

I'm gonna hate

but they did it. I dont think it was around very long. Their gear was pretty meh. They did market triangle woofers at one point so........ but the idea is there. I never knew anyone that ran them.

They had it up until 2003 I think.

I was an installer at Circuit back then and installed a few of them.

We also had a guy on the local dB Drag Scene with a bunch of Bazooka woofers in a wall and all liquid cooled up. Was decent for a budget product setup.

Good thing I am already working on NO2 cooled woofers, Muwahahaha!

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

As far as woofers go, I would make a special motor and basket assembly. I would install 2 sets of air check valves (one in the pole vent of the magnet, the other between the magnet and the spiders) Then I would take a small condenser coil and put it over the pole vent of the magnet. When the woofer would move forward, the upper check valves would close and create a vaccuum within the woofer for the cool air to be sucked in from the condenser through the pole vent check valve. Then, when the woofer begins to move backward, the upper check valves would open (air presssure would force them) and the pole vent check valve would close and remain closed to force warmed air out the upper check valves. Repeating motion would move air through the woofer.

As far as the amplifier goes it is going to be much harder. You would have to make some sort of self-controlled power supply that involves a variable transformer that is controlled by the amp. The power supply would first have to chop the DC input power into an AC power source, then it would go through a variable transformer that would step up the voltage (depending on needs) and then this new voltage would have to be rectified back into a DC power source. Once you do this the voltage input to the business end of the amplifier would be much higher, and the transistors that help amplify the signal would have a much higher peak amplification. Once you do all this and install heavy-duty transistors and double up the leg connections, they would have to be basically dipped in a di-electric paste and placed into a custom c&c heatsink that would circulate the coolant directly over the transistors and cool the amplifier.

Long story short---this is gonna cost a lot.

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

PPI did the same thing with their Art series of amplifiers back in the day. Liquid cooling was an option. I was the Bazooka rep in Texas when they released the triangle woofers, NOS bottle subwoofer, and liquid cooled amplifiers. All seemed like really great ideas at CES that year, but none seemed to catch on.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif