worked pretty slow tonight, cold weather sucks!!

taped up some 3mil plastic to keep glue off the car and other unwanted spots

c133e09c.jpg

spread out the vinyl i needed to cover the box and cut it

b58b0d0d.jpg

1955a5a4.jpg

got my tools prepped

e39f2b7c.jpg

and got it wrapped and did a rough trim on the extra vinyl

70b39b42.jpg

50e7acb4.jpg

128206ac.jpg

Than remembered I needed a few more supplies for the rgb led's I was putting in so hit up Menards before they closed and got them.

Can you believe I bought more zipties, even tho I have a box with thousands of them that arrived today!! LOL (forget the kind that have the whole to screw them to things).

7995216d.jpg

Than it was time to prep my table for some soldering and wire extending and heat shrinking... what a mess i need more work space!

47619e76.jpg

My heat gun is really starting to hate me, I always forget to turn it off after heat shrinking wires, than when I go to use it again I goto turn it on and its already on.. hhahaa

b3b367de.jpg

So everything is getting soldered, each wire is than getting individually heat shrunk, and than the bunch getting heat shrunk all together.

aaac6a14.jpg

Than became time to fish some wires from my thumb to my pinky, so they would not be seen or get pinched from opening/closing the trunk.

9a195a34.jpg

Yes, the trunk braces are packed full of greatstuff making it really fun and multiple layers of Zillamat 'sound deadener' which is crapola!

95e39c6c.jpg

This larger 4ft ziptie works good for fishing wires, and is great because it wont poke or cut other wires insulation that run in the same spot.

80d09903.jpg

A little lube, ok a lot of lube and forced penetration and I got it in :P

b67940a6.jpg

Now time to snake the wires thru for the leds that I extended wires on

94e12360.jpg

Wires going thru

98e20db3.jpg

Getting ready to mount the couple of rgb led's

2481e3ed.jpg

and with a little "ninja" duct tape they blend in great!

745c1573.jpg

Oh yea, forgot the test pics of the leds.

I was going to continue to work but it was in the mid 50s out, and didnt feel like changing from shorts to pants, and the big storm and cold front was moving in and started to rain a bit so I called it a early night at about 3:30am

So onto the pics.

This was with my flash on

dd69fc08.jpg

keep in mind, these are just 2 little led boxes from plasma glow. each little panel has only 2 red, 2 blue, and 2 green led's for a total of 6 on the trunk lid. Repectfully bright for so few leds

f8ef7bb3.jpg

6fbd38e7.jpg

and I quick turned the underbody plasmaglow kit on with a similar color (lights are not wired to each other yet), I got more little led pods to mount before I go thru that hassle of making 2 kits that require their own different seperate brain work from just the underbody brain which they are not meant too, but I can do it!!!! hahaha

5cd7a3ca.jpg

Damn dude you've put some serious work into this. Talk about 10lbs of shit in a 5lb bag lol. Great work! I wonder how the SA's will take the power vs the N3s.. Should be interesting.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Archived