Team Big Un,Team DB Drive, Team DB Driven, Team Xs Power

Team Ohio Gen, Usaci 2-4 modified champ 5 years in a row

Great looking so far man lots of work going into this one

Team Big Un,Team DB Drive, Team DB Driven, Team Xs Power

Team Ohio Gen, Usaci 2-4 modified champ 5 years in a row

And back to the box we go...

20120612_031132.jpg

20120612_212905.jpg

over the foam is sanded somewhat smooth and in the shape I wanted there is a thick coat of resin, followed by fiberglass cloth, than more resin and fiberglass mat, than more resin, then sanded fairly smooth. followed up by 2 good layers of bondo as shown in the pic below. (hands where dirty so very limited pics).

20120626_223132.jpg

20120627_015919.jpg

20120627_015853.jpg

20120629_222810.jpg

20120627_014806.jpg

20120627_015919.jpg

20120627_015853.jpg

I than busted out the lightweight body filler for small chips, pinholes, etc (kinda like evercoat rage extreme but cheaper and not as good but decent for the price).

20120630_005501.jpg

and more sanding...

All the bondo and light weight filler was hand sanding, finger tips are tore up right now. No power sanders used since they take too much off at once, and can not contour to the curves to great.

20120630_044102.jpg

20120630_044005.jpg

20120630_044026.jpg

20120630_044541.jpg

20120630_044038.jpg

And thats how it sits for now after tonights work.

Plan is to take his car sunday night thru tuesday to get some more work done during the day and night since Im free, and he is working.

Than Im going to try to get some more tedious spots touched up :D

Err, I forgot about this video...

Its from about a month ago, this was before all the resin and fiberglass work was started on the box, and before the thing was anywhere close to being 100% sealed off from the trunk.

It was hammering pretty good too!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0OlIt6s1XA&feature=plcp

Hooking up Paul proper Good shit Brian,

also not sure you noticed how much fun you'r going to have putting an alternator on that charger lol, location doesn't look very comfortable for you or his hands to get in there LMAO

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Sick build looks clean as hell. Looks like it gets down too. I was just wondering , did you run them 2 postive runs straight to the alternator. Only reason I ask is I have a 300 which has an idential layout, being that the stock battery is in the trunk. I was also told that the PCM regulates the voltage how are you guys getting around this. Did you notice any imporvements or anything? I've been waiting on my sub to come in for about 6 months now so I haven't tested these things myself. Figured Id ask and see what you'd say.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Hooking up Paul proper Good shit Brian,

also not sure you noticed how much fun you'r going to have putting an alternator on that charger lol, location doesn't look very comfortable for you or his hands to get in there LMAO

Nope its a pain, already noticed that running the old wire, taking it out and running the new wire. Lots of fun... LOL

did you run them 2 postive runs straight to the alternator. Only reason I ask is I have a 300 which has an idential layout, being that the stock battery is in the trunk. I was also told that the PCM regulates the voltage how are you guys getting around this. Did you notice any imporvements or anything?

Yes, both positives and grounds are straight from the alternator to the rear of the car. Also a ground from the alt to the chassis in the front, and a ground from the rear batteries to the chassis in the rear to beef up factory grounds. Stock battery is gutted from the rear. and the fuse box is "in the process of being relocated to the side of the box. As for the stock alt being regulated by the pcm.. No idea, still a stock alt, but worked fine with the previous setup and no charging issues. If the PCM is restricting voltage its not too bad like everyone thinks. Your car doesnt need to charge at 15+ volts like everyone thinks is a must, its nice, but not needed, and the power increase from it is marginal at best.

That is sweet! That box looks so solid!

Hurry up.

I wish. Like I said, car is here to work on 1-2 times a week, and mostly only at night when my buddy has time ( only a couple times I worked on it in daylight) LOL

suspension upgrades?

He found a air shock to go in the rear, not sure what brand/style yet, but I know he is ordering them soon

Yes, both positives and grounds are straight from the alternator to the rear of the car. Also a ground from the alt to the chassis in the front, and a ground from the rear batteries to the chassis in the rear to beef up factory grounds. Stock battery is gutted from the rear. and the fuse box is "in the process of being relocated to the side of the box. As for the stock alt being regulated by the pcm.. No idea, still a stock alt, but worked fine with the previous setup and no charging issues. If the PCM is restricting voltage its not too bad like everyone thinks. Your car doesnt need to charge at 15+ volts like everyone thinks is a must, its nice, but not needed, and the power increase from it is marginal at best.

Ah ok. Well like I said I haven't tested it out since all my equiptment hasn't arrived yet. But i did notice that when i ran the Alt wires .. the factory alt wire splits off into like 3 parts. Thanks for your insight.

BTW Did he decide to go ALL Sundown or where thoese just for testing :) Looks like it slammed either way.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Archived