Mechman Alternators

Mechman 270A low idle voltage/slippage

I will have to do the calculations when I get home for the ratio. It is the stock pulley that was on the OEM alternator it seems like. My tonight of the engine is a bout 500-650. It's a 96 Lexus es300, Idk If someone can find the factory ratios. But I sadly have No clamp meter.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

Bump

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

I can help you find the ratios, but you need to post the info I asked above ;)

i have some issues with low voltage with my singer amp but it was fine when i first put it in. the belt is slipping now because i need to replace my tensioner pulley, belt is brand new. make sure your belt is nice and snug.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Mechman said it was a 3:1 ratio

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

do they make a belt dressing for serpentine belts?

a belt dressing wont realy help much if any. the most you can realy do is make sure all your other pulleys are moving smoothly and that the belt has enough tension on it. maybe try to get ligter weight pulleys to take some extra strain of the engine and maybe adjust the idle to be 50-200rpms higher. from my understanding a high output alt will only create enough drag on the engine to where you lose 1-5hp which you wont notice at the wheels. light weight pulleys can gain you that much right back and like i said you wont notice that difference but it could make a small difference in the output of the alternator. that combined with 50-200rpm higher at an idle should take care of the proplem i personaly wouldnt adjust the rpms any higher then 950-1000 at an idle though.

thats just my thoughts on the proplem though. lowering the strain on the engine and uping the performance a little can make a slight difference since the engine would be able to spin the alt better.

Edited by alaskanzx5

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Mechman said it was a 3:1 ratio

At no point did I say that you have a 3:1 ratio. A couple posts ago, you said that you had put the OEM pulley on our alternator, which would DEFINITELY cuase low voltage at idle. Bumping this thread without the info we need is not going to get you any help with your problem. Please go out to your car with a measuring tape, and measure the diamter of the pulley on your crankshaft, and the diamter of your alternator pulley so that we can solve your issue. Like the other guy said, untill we have concrete numbers, we cannot figure out your problem.

Matt

Snow drifter can you help me , I have a singer alternator (250) Amp, on a Pontiac G6, he said i have a smaller pulley on it ( don't recall ration) and i get low 13's high 12s at idle. Car idles at 550- 600 rpms. New belt and belt tension. Only squeak is quick second on crank to start.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd