maximum amount of port area?

I thought port area was kind of like exhaust, If your port area is too small it's like a manifold with a cheap muffler, restrictive and noisy. Where if it's the right size for the volume of air it's like a header with a good muffler and tuned to the volume of air and designed to sound a specific way. Then of course you have port flares which i'm guessing creates a low pressure spot at the end of the port helping with air flow(That's my best guess why they seem to help). But it's all theory until you throw it in a vehicle and see how it performs.

Don't forget the kerfs!

edit

Spelling "are"="area" derp

i personally would recommend 12-14" per cube for a more punchy, musically loud alignment...and 15-16" per cube for a peakier output. In 90% of the installs I have done, 12-14" was perfect.

SUBSCRIBE AT YOUTUBE! 18abVFL < CLICK!!

2005 Subaru Impreza

My build log.

Head unit- Kenwood Excelon KDC-X695

Front doors- Rockford Fosgate 6.5" Prime components

Rear doors- Rockford Fosgate 4" Punch coaxials

Sub amp- Audiopipe AP18001d

Subs- Two American Bass TNT 10"s

Box- 2.6 cubes @ 34hz, 36in of port

Big 3 & run of Raptor 1/0 to rear powercell

TEAM 808 UPSTATE NY.

ab1.png

Can it be heard 2 blocks away, thats how i rate systems.

more port doesnt mean louder

im going to have to disagree

Hey y dont u sit back shut your mouth and learn a little before speaking kid

more port doesnt mean louder

im going to have to disagree

And again here you are with more lack of knowledge but trying to sound like a pro. There is a point where adding port has diminishing returns. That's why split is all about testing and rebuilding

kay.

i switched from a 4" aeroport to a 6" aeroport. and got way louder.

you toolbags think i'm making stuff up, but i'm speaking from personal experience.

yes what i say may not be 100% true, but i'm simply giving my input on what i think is right.

No I just read what you wrote and realize you're just a kid who wants to sound like he knows what he's talking about. When in reality you are here to learn not teach. Remember That

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ok im back. And just to put this out(i am not tim lamb). I gave this thread a little while to cool down. I dont wanna be caught in the cross fire.

Alright- Last question. Is there a website that i can go to learn about fundamentals -theory- how things work?

I love car audio and it has become more of a addiction than a hobby now. Whenever i build something I feel a sense of doubt when assembling the final product . I would like to have a better education on this .....

So if anyone has a good website would you please post it for me...

bcae1.com

Or here, there is a TON of information. Don't be put off because you fear the cross fire, an uneducated mind willing to learn is always welcome. There's even subjects I just sit back, shut up, and take notes. It's all about how you go about it. Occasionally you will find those who actually think they know what they're talking about...so wrong.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

ear-o-meter? ha funny. and tool bags is perceived as ignorance? great.

louder because with the 4" i was getting decent flex.

with the 6" i felt it in my throat, my ear drums hurt, all but my front window were flexing hard, and my rear view mirror fell off.

hey Tim Lam, come here with that shit attitude and I WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO FEEL IN YOUR THROAT KID.

Oh shit

E34 540iT/6

and he posted an exo video to try to argue his point. this gets better and better.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

And again...

lolololol.gif

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived