REVOofRustler Posted February 18, 2013 Author Report Posted February 18, 2013 Thank you all! Ive got it pretty much ready for paint now. I'll try to get some pictures up when I get home from work. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted February 19, 2013 Author Report Posted February 19, 2013 It's all pretty much ready for paint! I got the battery fitment a little bit better (and this time the battery is the right way around...) And then I made a little cage around the battery to keep it from sliding all around My carpet was finally dry, and the Damplifier seemed to be keeping water out quite well, so I threw the carpet back in! Doing a little more test fitting with the carpet in there Taking the time to measure EVERYTHING in the truck definitely paid off! And then it was time to get the front trim panel cut out After a bit of tweaking Then I used some cardboard to make stencils for the top piece Fits like a glove! I decided to see how the new box fit... It's not quite as bad as I was expecting, but I still may build another box later that's a bit shorter and longer. I then used a tracing bit on the router to make the hole for the amps on the front trim After that I cut out the spot for the battery. The front trim piece will also be used to keep the battery from sliding forward. And there it is all ready to be wrapped in carpet! Speaking of carpet... I'm gonna try to get it all primered tomorrow, and possibly get a couple layers of black paint on as well. I should have the black paint done by Wednesday night, and then I can do clear coat on Thursday. That'll leave me all day Friday to get it all put in in time for the meet on Saturday! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Twostrokeking Posted February 19, 2013 Report Posted February 19, 2013 That looks so good man. Great job. My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
REVOofRustler Posted February 21, 2013 Author Report Posted February 21, 2013 More updates and lots of pictures! I cut out holes in the amp shelves so that they would have a bit more cooling. The cutouts will be completely underneath the amps, so they won't show. Then I put some threaded inserts in them so I could use some nice looking machine screws to hold the amps down. I also put little "backboards" on the shelves. I'm gonna be running the wire through these to try to keep it all looking nice. These guys should help keep the amps from sliding around while I'm driving. If not, I'll have to find some way of just locking them in so they can't slide when I don't need them to. The backboard pieces will also help hide any wires behind the amps Once that was all done, I stuck some Bondo on a few screw holes Here are the holes for running wires to the BC2000D. I'm not gonna drill any holes for the C1100.4 until I'm all ready to run wiring to it. Stuck some resin on the sides of the shelves to help with paint It's not much of a painting booth, but it works... Here's everything with a layer of primer I was a little worried about this spot. I ended up sanding through the resin, so the primer was just soaking into the MDF. I'm also only painting the amp section of the amp rack. It's the only spot that will really be visible. More primer This is the piece that goes around the battery. The holes in this are where I'll be running the 1/0 through to the battery terminals. A lot of primer ended up taking care of the spot I was worried about. By the way, my camera is screwed up and it puts those dark spots in every picture. So those dark spots aren't actually on the box. I taped off the port once I got done with the primer so that I would have some fresh primer when I went to paint the port Stuck a couple layers of gloss black on everything Pulled all the tape off the port. I kind of like how it looks with the white port against the gloss black, but I'd rather have it match the blue logo on my dust cap. Then it was time to mask off the rest of the box so I could paint the port Gloss blue I then sanded a bit on the amp shelves and battery piece so they would look a bit nicer. This after sanding and doing another coat of black. I'm waiting on the paint to dry a bit right now, and then I'm gonna be using some clear enamel as my clear coat. Hopefully it'll all be dry by tomorrow evening so that I can put it all in my truck before Saturday. If it's not quite dry though, I may end up waking up early on Saturday so I can finish it all up. I'm planning on carpeting the front trim piece and the top piece today as well, so that'll just be one more thing out of the way. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
zxsonnyxz Posted February 21, 2013 Report Posted February 21, 2013 You do nice work! STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
scooter99 Posted February 22, 2013 Report Posted February 22, 2013 I'll be honest I only read the last few pages, but damn things look good in here. I'm gonna go through the whole build a bit later, but you've come a long way since the first little set up you had. Nice work man! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
killallblue Posted February 22, 2013 Report Posted February 22, 2013 Looks good a lot cleaner then the beginning
REVOofRustler Posted February 22, 2013 Author Report Posted February 22, 2013 You do nice work! Thank you! I've pretty much been teaching myself along the way, so it means a lot! I'll be honest I only read the last few pages, but damn things look good in here. I'm gonna go through the whole build a bit later, but you've come a long way since the first little set up you had. Nice work man! I'd probably say that these last few pages are the only ones that are really that good haha. Thanks man! Looks good a lot cleaner then the beginning That's been one of my goals from the beginning was to keep everything as clean as I could. There is some stuff I could clean up a little better, but I'm pretty happy for now! I got my panels carpeted! I started with the top piece so I could get the hang of it. Then I moved on to the front piece. There are a few edges that aren't fantastic, but it's something that I can redo later if it's really noticeable in the truck. I didn't really take too many pictures of this.... I also got all the clear coat on the box and amp rack. The blue port turned out really nice as well! I'm hoping the clear coat will be dry by around noon tomorrow so that I can start putting it all in once I get home from school. Hopefully I'll have some nice updates tomorrow! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
321slapinbass Posted February 22, 2013 Report Posted February 22, 2013 very clean, looks great... love me some dodge haha 2000 Dodge Durango Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm Mids + Highs - PRV Audio Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4 Headunit - Alpine CDE-100 Equalizer - Clarion EQS746 Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0 Alternator - Singer 250A 147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash 147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos
revoracing247 Posted February 22, 2013 Report Posted February 22, 2013 see im not the only one who thinks leds would be BA in there! I think it would be pretty sick too! I just don't have money for it right now! like $10 for your favorite IR controller and ill give ya some of my leds for like $5. as long as you don't take all of them lol but knowing you, you're just gonna say it'll give ya something to do in the future haha ~ If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ~
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.