Sundown Audio

Idea on a wiring diagram for 4+ subs to a single amp.

jakeryan

ohms law is a LAW. it cant be changed no matter how much your heart and brain think otherwise. ohms law was created around 1826 (early 1800's), so after millions and millions and millions of people have used it, you think that you can ignore all of that time tested truth and create this atrocity that doesn't even make sense. and you think it's actually right? what the fuck, man?

All you did was wire some out of phase...not changing anything but making them move out of phase of the others.

Kranny correct me if im wrong but isnt the ohm load...(given they are 8ohm speakers) gonna be like .7 or something just with several out of phase. You essential have 11 in parallel?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I just had a chat with Georg Ohm's ghost, he went through his notes and realized that he had a typo.

Turns out you're correct. Seven 8ohms subs in parallel (with switching polarities) DOES equal 8ohms...

:Doh:

Georg is looking to what it would take to change the name to Ryan's Law and apologizes...

Sorry Dude, had to do it.

I don't have to try it, as stated above, the law is the law. You can't change a law by experimenting. Especially when you don't know what you're doing.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

All you did was wire some out of phase...not changing anything but making them move out of phase of the others.

Kranny correct me if im wrong but isnt the ohm load...(given they are 8ohm speakers) gonna be like .7 or something just with several out of phase. You essential have 11 in parallel?

i dont know ohm loads that well. i rely on the12volt diagrams 99.9% of the time that only go up to 4 speakers. if you were to give me 5 speakers, i would be virtually clueless.

edit: yeah it would probably be right around .7 or so like you said. 10 8 ohms in parallel is .8.

i dont know ohm loads that well. i rely on the12volt diagrams 99.9% of the time that only go up to 4 speakers. if you were to give me 5 speakers, i would be virtually clueless.

Check my earlier post. I asked him the same thing...

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

this thread made my day, thanks guys. gonna go hit the bar up now.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I didn't switch the polarities -_- but whatever I can't argue with the forum. Say what you want. I was just trying to help people with the obscure problem of multiple subs to one amp. Figuring that I actually did this and it worked apparently doesn't help much of my argument so you guys just keep babbling. I'm not even listening anymore. It's more comical to see which one of you can say the most snickery comment. So please, for the sake of my laughter keep commenting.

B.T.T.M

-Jake Ryan

you say you have tried this?? all speakers in a box, in a car?? and all the speakers were moving together???

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

we're the only ones laughing here. at you, specifically, because you're a moron.

who on earth would buy that many 8 ohm subwoofers to run in a car? this isnt the 90's anymore bud.

THIS is how you do series/parallel. you dont keep fucking switching between + to - and + to + every other sub.

4_4ohm_dvc_8ohm.gif

Archived