Second Skin Audio

custom BL18 box built to spec sounds like crap

ncc74656

45's any where in the box = lose of dbs 99.99% of the time i have tested this a million times and other box builders as well

how do you know 45's dont or do cause turbulance?? anybody ever put a box in a wind tunnel????

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

why do the 45's in the corners make it fail? wouldn't it provide smoother air flow and less turbulence?

45s in corners = fail

now, do you mind giving an explanation? In my experience, its kinda an unnoticeable difference, but in THEORY, the air would have less turbulence inside the enclosure and port...like i said, theory, and I'm no expert. Everything i know about acoustics says right angles are failsauce...im not saying you are wrong, I'm just wondering why you say that.

Air in a port doesn't really "flow." The air is "excited" instead.

Put a piece of paper in a port and watch what happens. Now turn on your AC and put a piece of paper in front of one of the vents.

The vent = air flow. A port = a resonator. Air resistance isn't that big of a deal in a port.

EDIT: Now that I think about it...if the air did "flow," it'd just be a leaky box lol. Ported boxes are loudest at the tuning frequency when the port is doing most of the work because it's a resonator...and not a leak (if you don't believe me, play a test tone at your tuning frequency and watch how much your subs move).

your box is what happens when the village idiot tries to recreate a bandpass without knowing what it is.

from the looks of it its going to be aero ported firing into another port chamber with no depth.

congratulations someone wasted a ton of money on wood for something that sucks.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

45's any where in the box = lose of dbs 99.99% of the time i have tested this a million times and other box builders as well

how do you know 45's dont or do cause turbulance?? anybody ever put a box in a wind tunnel????

i agree on that, you guys walked me through my 45 issues way back.....

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4Uhttps://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipP7rjav9cD9UFdAYBJmz4M4LoNlF26ng1xhAf4U

2013 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T

SUNDOWN ZV4-18

CRESCENDO 3.5K

PIONEER AVIC 5300 NEX

ALPINE TYPE R 6.5S & 6X9'S

ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1.5" TWEETS

5 C&D TECH BATTS

There we go, real world experience, now i know, it just goes against everything i know, lol. Trying to find a way to link (in my mind) 45s in a box vs right angles to bass traps used in a studio...will do some research once i have a min to breathe.

why do the 45's in the corners make it fail? wouldn't it provide smoother air flow and less turbulence?

45s in corners = fail

now, do you mind giving an explanation? In my experience, its kinda an unnoticeable difference, but in THEORY, the air would have less turbulence inside the enclosure and port...like i said, theory, and I'm no expert. Everything i know about acoustics says right angles are failsauce...im not saying you are wrong, I'm just wondering why you say that.

Air in a port doesn't really "flow." The air is "excited" instead.

Put a piece of paper in a port and watch what happens. Now turn on your AC and put a piece of paper in front of one of the vents.

The vent = air flow. A port = a resonator. Air resistance isn't that big of a deal in a port.

EDIT: Now that I think about it...if the air did "flow," it'd just be a leaky box lol. Ported boxes are loudest at the tuning frequency when the port is doing most of the work because it's a resonator...and not a leak (if you don't believe me, play a test tone at your tuning frequency and watch how much your subs move).

exiting as in it moves back and forth, it flows in both directions (is how i was lookng at it) And whether it flows or gets excited, in theory, right angles would cause "air traps" or whatever you want to call them, idfk, too busy with other shit to think right now.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

And getting rid of that panel on the top I hope?

Archived