LOL: Know Your Rights: Law Student Backs Down Cop..

so i didnt read through all of the pages but it seemed like the cop should have said he wanted to run his id for being so damn sketchy.

the dude could have been making stuff up and the cop wouldn't have known any better

so sketchy is probable cause? what was he doing that was being sketchy as you call it? whats the definition of sketchy? Was he walking too fast? walking too slow? looking around? Smiling? Singing? dancing? playing with children? helping little old ladies across the street? do tell.

I would have liked this post but cant...true N8. One thing to remember, if you give them an inch, they will take a foot. Signs of this are appearing across the nation and it isn't from just the cops not knowing, but the people not knowing their rights as well.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

I haven’t read any of the posts b4 I commented so that way my words are based purely on the video.

1st and foremost let me say I’m not on either side, I play on the facts.

Rule #1: no matter what side of the badge you are on is this: Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it.

With that said, here is my bible. It measures ¾” thick when compressed, has 302 pages and you can see how small the print is. An officer is required to be able to enforce and uphold every law in this book. And don’t forget, laws change ALL THE TIME and new ones are constantly being added. Again, ignorance of the law is no excuse. For the cop in this case, he got schooled.

e54a0497.jpg

a1dc223c.jpg

BUT, most incidents like this are created by 1 trick pony college students, or gun nuts, who want to go toe to toe in the real world with a singular law or set of laws they just learned about, studied hard for and are well versed on and challenge a LEO who may not be on top of his game when it come to that particular subject.

This in my opinion is a recipe for disaster, on both parts. It is very possible that an unknowing officer may be baited into breaking someone’s civil rights or even worse be put in a situation where he feels threatened, draws and fires. All for what, so that someone can prove they know the law on one given subject better than the police? If I were a civilian that’s a role of the dice I wouldn’t want to take. In this day and age where video has become so easy to take people feel that the camera will keep the protected from injustices. Not true. Sometimes these devices work against them and show their true intentions in court.

I say yet again, ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it. And in the same manner knowing the law is no excuse for abusing it, as in the case of the gun carrying person. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. And while it is totally legal I feel the gun carrying student left REASON on the kitchen table at home and decided to prove his point that day that he could do something that although LEGAL, is still not the norm in society and put the AVERAGE John Q. Public in a state of concern. The officer while bound by his oath to SERVE AND PROTECT the people of his community was merely doing what CITIZENS called in about. This was not the officer driving by and stopping, he was responding to a call.

The choice is yours to decide what side of the fence you will take on this one.

Let me explain how this plays out in my world:

Student: Officer, have I committed a crime? Is what I’m doing illegal? Why are you stopping me? No I will not give you ID.

ME: Sir, I’m responding to a call about an individual white male walking down the road pointing a gun at people. That sir is felony in this state. Based on the fact that you fit the description of this individual and HAVE A GUN, I now have probable cause to detain you while I conduct my investigation. You are now being given a lawful command by on officer to turn around and your hands above your head. I will be cuffing you for our safety. Until I can positively identify you and come to a conclusion on this matter you ARE NOT FREE TO GO. Sir, if you had given me your ID when lawfully asked this would not have been necesary.

Please sit tight on the curb while I run your ID.

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH………………..

It’s only fun for these people till they come across an officer that’s one step closer to lawyer than they are!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

the cops should have went and talked to the person who called in, then asked what they had seen, if no crime was committed then explain to the caller that they have the right to carry, then theres no reason bother tha guy carring at all.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

dont put it by someone who is so afraid of the mere sight of a gun to embellish the story and say he was pointing it at someone. I think anyone who does that should also be charged with making a false statement. lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the cops should have went and talked to the person who called in, then asked what they had seen, if no crime was committed then explain to the caller that they have the right to carry, and theres no reason

Not always an option. there are tons of anonomys calls amde that end up being legit cases. If we tried to find teh person who called in all teh time there would be a lot of dead people n the world. man with a gun means get there ASAP

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

so i didnt read through all of the pages but it seemed like the cop should have said he wanted to run his id for being so damn sketchy.

the dude could have been making stuff up and the cop wouldn't have known any better

so sketchy is probable cause? what was he doing that was being sketchy as you call it? whats the definition of sketchy? Was he walking too fast? walking too slow? looking around? Smiling? Singing? dancing? playing with children? helping little old ladies across the street? do tell.

I would have liked this post but cant...true N8. One thing to remember, if you give them an inch, they will take a foot. Signs of this are appearing across the nation and it isn't from just the cops not knowing, but the people not knowing their rights as well.

just seems like you have something to hide when you don't want to show your id.

The guy did prove that he did not have to show his id though

Rolex, in the video I thought they said a man with a gun? Not pointing it at people. If it was a person brandishing it I think this would have gone much differently, kind of along the lines you would have handled it.

Read in between the lines my friend.

While I said in my world I should have said OFFICER, and not ME n my little dialog. As I would not do this but it is very easy for an officer to find probably cause if they want to.

If you go back to other posts I have made I also state that not every cop out there should have a badge. With that said this guy goes spewing off like this to a not so good officer he can simply right it us as, As i was headed to a call about man with a gun a pedestrian flagged me down to say that man pointed the gun at him. Upon return to teh scene after my investigation was completed that individual was gone.

See..... games go both ways.

I'm not trying to turn this into an entirely diffrent topic just trying to show how dangerous thsi type of situation can be.

Kinda two wrongs dont make a right kinda thing.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

Now in TN, if you have a gun on you, you better show your ID if a cop asks, only because you have to have a permit to carry, open or concealed.

I think everywhere that has open carry and conceal and carry laws requires permits. But that was the persons point, the officer is the one breaking the law by trying to force proof of the persons permit.

It's like saying your ok with an officer being able to stop and force someone to provide their drivers license just because they have car keys.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

incorrect berto. I know in my homestate there is no need for a license to carry a firearm as long as it is openly carried. However you get in a vehicle or something of that nature and you must have one.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived