Sonic Electronix

Honda/Acura Coupe/4dr Owners, Come Inside :)

I don't know him because I am not huge on the competition scene like I should be. I follow builds I am a member on a lot of forums, I attend a few shows but I am not chasing numbers nor do I compete so I rarely keep up with the who's who in the competition world. I need to though I have heard that name before just never stopped to ask who he was. Beast shit though.

thats where everyone gets their little dual aero ports firing forward with the box pushed all the way back idea from.

he doesn't use dual aero ports, his is a single custom 8.5in aeroport made from mdf rings and filler...

But alot of people do use the idea of subs and port fwd with aeroports center between the subs because of him.... that was his recommendation to me i switched from subs back port back to subs and port fwd with 2 custom 6" aeroports and gained right at 5db same power electrical subs...nothing but a box change...

Him and I have spend lots of late nights txting and chatting on facebook about trunk cars....

There is so much I could do with that line but I am going to leave it be had it been Sheena or Adam the butt jokes would've come out :lol2:

I know but be mature... I am in SC and he lives near washington DC i believe...not to mention i'm married with 3 kids i'll stick to the potang!

i have another email from another company that i will not be posting because they are clearly bashing on another company.

not to mention the un mentioned company gave me a much longer response time (about 3-4 days) and dc power gave me about 20 minutes.

send me a PM please

i have another email from another company that i will not be posting because they are clearly bashing on another company.

not to mention the un mentioned company gave me a much longer response time (about 3-4 days) and dc power gave me about 20 minutes.

send me a PM please

Me too I wanna know who's bashing in fact just invite JLH to our Pow Wow thread I think he will be a great asset.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

So all in all for my accord (2.2 vtec). I got my quotes from EA, mechman, and singer, but they are all around 200 -225 max. I'd still like that dc 250-270 xp. Anyone tested the slippage in real life yet? I'd like to trust what a sales rep says but I trust real life reviews. Just saying

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

So all in all for my accord (2.2 vtec). I got my quotes from EA, mechman, and singer, but they are all around 200 -225 max. I'd still like that dc 250-270 xp. Anyone tested the slippage in real life yet? I'd like to trust what a sales rep says but I trust real life reviews. Just saying

We are talking Civic's it would be totally different in the Accord I think you guys have a little more space to work with. Also different belt size IIRC.

I SEE SCOOTER you better comment and lend some of your civic knowledge and civic tips/tricks. A few Civic DIY's would be nice too.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

There are a couple of us looking at it but i haven't seen anyone with it on yet

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

2.4l (k-24) power plant here........ running a HO alty, with no slip at all........

want pics of belt wrap???...... or, anything i can do to chime in or help.,... Just hollar my friends...

I do understand im probably not the norm... when it comes to the Honda power plant....

We are talking Civic's it would be totally different in the Accord I think you guys have a little more space to work with. Also different belt size IIRC.

I SEE SCOOTER you better comment and lend some of your civic knowledge and civic tips/tricks. A few Civic DIY's would be nice too.

I just had to read through all 7 pages dick! Why didn't you tell me this was up!?

A couple of things, may be helpful, may not be. I had a Mechman 220 amp alt I bought a couple years ago along with a buddy of mine from DIYMA. I never got to install it cause we though we were going to sell the civic, and it hasn't happened yet. However, I went through another one from Mechman, and it didn't even fit right. So I had to remove it and I got the second one, that I sold, in replacement. I put it up to the oem and it was a perfect match. I just never got to install it.

Here's the original one I got, along with the big three, starter wire and fuse block to alt cable swap.

The industry is frustrating for Alts. They just keep giving you different answers different times. I see what you guys are going through and I've experienced it myself. Had I of kept the emails from Mechman I would post them up, but like I said it's been a couple years.

I will say this to the 15's. I don't know about how big the box could be and salvage trunk space, and depending on the sound you're going for, there are other options. I used to have two 15's running in an IB set up. On only 800 watts total, they flexed the hell out of my windshield. I never got to putting more power to them, cause well as I always do, I sold em and was starting over. Story of my life! But I think Blakendout, on here, has 15's in his if I'm not mistaken. I'm surprised he's not in here. He's got some great knowledge as well.

Here's the first install I ever did on it.

another re-install which I think turned into the final audio build.

This was the final audio build I did in it. I had great plans for a final final one, but like I said we're still wavering on selling or not selling.

As far as pics go, here's my baby:

This was before new tires went on

IMG00059-20110222-1350-1.jpg

and this was after

IMG00900-20111130-1312.jpg

and as far as a list of what I've done to it, well here that is:

Misc

Flip Key Mod Done June 2, 2011

Spenser Air Squash Air Freshener Done June 2, 2011

Exterior

8th Civic stickers on the windows

8th Civic license plate frame

De-badged the Civic logo.

OEM Fogs (Installed) with Hella Projectors with 3000K Morimoto HID's (Have - needs install)

Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors with 5000K HID's Done October 26, 2011 (Changing to FX-R Quad Projectors and 5000K HID's)

OEM Sidemarkers / Custom Connectors / Tinted Done October 23, 2011

Carbon Fiber Vinyl - Hood, Roof, Trunk(need vinyl)

Si Grill carbon fiber vinyled - Done March 7, 2011

HFP Lip Kit Carbon Fiber Vinyled - (Need)

Accord Horn Swap - Don't Remember Date

Interior

Seat Reupholstering (needed)

Hybrid Racing Black Nickel Weighted Shift Knob Done March 8, 2011

Reupholstered center console arm rest Done - Don't remember date

Led dome lights Done - Don't remember date

Carbon Fiber Vinyled Shift Boot Frame & Reupholstered Shift Boot- Done March 20, 2011

Engine/Performance

Scan Gauge II in a custom pod Done October 23, 2011

Brand New OEM Shifter Cables - Done March 20, 2011

TWM Performance Short Shifter Adaptor Done March 8, 2011

Hybrid Racing Shifter Cable Bushings Done April 15, 2011

Hybrid Racing Shifter Base Bushings Done March 8, 2011

Hybrid Racing Radiator Hoses Done May 2, 2011

Injen CAI - Black Done March 20, 2011

P2R Throttle Body Spacer Done March 20, 2011

NST Pulleys (Need)

Weapon-R Engine Torque Damper (Need)

Megan Racing Downpipe Done June 29, 2011

Megan Racing Header Done April 14, 2011 / Removed April 22, 2011

Weapon-R Angled O2 Sensor CEL Eliminator Done April 14, 2011 / Removed April 22, 2011

Vibrant Catback Exhaust Done April 14, 2011 Welded center pipes together - Done June 20, 2011

Flash Pro (Need)

Suspension

Buddy Club N+ Coilovers Done September 02, 2010

Buddy Club Rear Camber Arms Done September 02, 2010

Ingalls Front Camber Bolts Done September 02, 2010

Ingalls Front Camber Bolts (second set) Done 3/28/2011

Si Rear Sway Bar Done June 29, 2011 Painting and prep link

Hotchkis Endlinks (need)

P2R Lower Tie Bar Done September 17, 2011

Wheels and Tires

Varrstoen ES 2.2.2 18x8 Matte Black Done February 13, 2011

Falken ZE912 215/35/18 Done November 30, 2011

Painting Calipers - Done can't remember date.

Most everything I have on each project is linked in the project above. Some of them are linked to the same link, cause they're mixed together as I did them at the same time.

Here's the ubl on it:

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

Here's my thread on 8thCivic.com (Some pics are missing, but most are there):

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/car-builds/241314-scooters-r18-gg-build.html

Now that I'm following this, if you guys have anything you wanna know, hit me up, I'll be happy to give you my experiences.

I think also I saw on here about the big three. It wasn't all that difficult I thought. The only one I had a hard time with, cause I have bigger hands, is the one on the passenger side, behind the side of the motor. I had a hard time getting that nut back on cause I couldn't get positioned right. But other than that, a dremel with a cut off tool will take care of that alt issue nicely and cleanly, and everywhere else, was pretty easy. I think I had to remove the battery for the ones there too. But I also put in a new battery as well so it was a two fold thing.

To that, also, I had a kinetik HC1800 in there as well. So larger sized bats will fit in there for sure.

Trunk space, you'll do yourself some good by removing the side trim panels and either making new ones or somehow utilizing the old ones after getting what you need out of the space. The side rear cubbies, if you remove those, will yield at least 1.0 cu ft or more. I've seen guys fiberglass sealed 12's in there and had plenty of space left. I did 10's and 12's in the flat RF subs and they sounded pretty damn good. Now I was going to do a ported enclosure in there but never did it. You could get more space by going up and over the wheel well. If you have coilovers you can't do much about it, cause you need the access to adjust them somehow.

So lots of stuff I've experienced on these civics. Most of them are trial and error. But I'm happy to help anyone out if you need it. Just ask.

Archived