Second Skin Audio

Need advice on subs/box for a tractor trailer

Phototini_xB

Thank you and once I get into the Freightliner I will start a build thread incase there are any other bass head truck drivers out there.

2 obsidian 18"s on a aq1200d

I don't think I have the room for a two 18" box? Plus I would like to put some power behind it.

You could do a pair of AA Chaos 12" and ~2000 watts for a nice setup.

I think you are limited to ~13.5" tall, is that correct?

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

You could do a pair of AA Chaos 12" and ~2000 watts for a nice setup.

I think you are limited to ~13.5" tall, is that correct?

I think I have 18" for height but that is where the bottom of the bed rests.

Fellow trucker here I wish I had my own tractor company trucks are shif! They don't care if I listen to music I'll be luckily if the stereo works. I would like to see a build log any special battery's ur gonna use or stick to all stock components? This makes me wanna be an owner operator!

Fellow trucker here I wish I had my own tractor company trucks are shif! They don't care if I listen to music I'll be luckily if the stereo works. I would like to see a build log any special battery's ur gonna use or stick to all stock components? This makes me wanna be an owner operator!

I'm not an owner operator, just work for a company that lets us do what we want to our trucks. The plan is to start off with the stock charging system and batteries and see how it does. If needed I can put a 320a alt on the truck and ad some XS batteries under the bunk but I don't think I will have to do that with a single 18" and 2000 watts.

i work on western-star's, and in 48,49,58 (there built in the same factory as freight-liner) there is enough room for 6x10 ported under the bunk, but no one ever want it,

my most common is a single 12" infinite baffle or sealed behind the drivers seat, most of them are already factory wired, you just need power and amp

we do nothing to alt or batteries

myself 2x12 on 1k would be a good setup and easy to take out when need, and wont require any elect upgrades

We had a driver running a pair of 15" RF Punch HE2's or something a long time ago in one of our freight shakers.. they did ok in sealed but were nothing special. I wanted to put them on the wall under the bed that separates the storage compartment from the bunk, but never got the chance, boss wouldnt let us do any cutting ;)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Yea your limited on space for some 15's our 18's I think.

Also two ascendant audio chaos would eat up 2k watts, my suggestion was more budget friendly... My truck feels like it is falling apart lol the e series 12's work nicely for sure!!

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Archived