Second Skin Audio

Best way to finish a sub box

So I'm getting near being done with my box and I need to know what's the best way to finish the inside of the box. What is the best stuff and where can I get it? And also what is a good like bed liner to cover the box with because I dont want to use carpet lol and where do I get that also

1999 Durango

Current

2 15" DC level 3 15s

kenwood HU

Cresendo bc2000

Big 3 upgrade

Sky high car audio wire

Coming soon

Cresendo c1100.4

double din

New Build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168661-99-durango-dc-audio-package-in-and-box-almost-done/?p=2464991

Clean Build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/171619-dc-audio-durango-clean-build/

If it's built right you won't even need silicone. just glue that fucker together and let it rip!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

If it's built right you won't even need silicone. just glue that fucker together and let it rip!

Wood glue is not a sealant, no reason other than being lazy not to silicon or use Liquid nails.

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

Wood glue is not a sealant, no reason other than being lazy not to silicon or use Liquid nails.

It's one less thing you have to buy lol. If you make your cuts right and use enough glue., the box will seal its self.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

if you are worried about your joints inside your box you could do a layer of fiberglass on all you joints , a good layer of glass and resin should ensure a seal as well as add structure . i like bedliner for boxes but i have thought about wrapping a box in vinyl but i'm not sure how smooth that might go

as said before, if your cuts are straight, no silicon is needed,

for small gaps, make a paste with glue and sawdust shavings and push it in there,

if you choose to use silicon on the gaps make sure you push it in to the gap and not just as a nice bead over them,

also make sure you use a flexible silicon, otherwise with the movement of the box, and curing it will crack or shrink, and no longer work as intended

you also need to be aware that with some silicones you need to wait 24-48hr+ before you can fit you sub, as the fumes can break down the surround of your sub (weather it be fact or fiction, i dont have the money to test it out so i just wait)

also no form of paint, of any type will be a long term fix to seal up a box (even if flexi-add is used)