Second Skin Audio

4th order blow-through build help, 6 18's

You should try a 6th order blowthrough for 4 18's :D

low end monsters! and you've got control of the low pass and the high pass (rear tuning, and front tuning)

look at irpirate's build for 4 15's he's almost hitting 60's and can still play low 20's

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/133128-irpirates-ubl/#entry1872195

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

You should try a 6th order blowthrough for 4 18's :D

low end monsters! and you've got control of the low pass and the high pass (rear tuning, and front tuning)

look at irpirate's build for 4 15's he's almost hitting 60's and can still play low 20's

http://www.stevemead...l/#entry1872195

That's not a bad idea. But 6th orders seem really tough to build. Plus I like the idea of having 6 18's lol

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

6th orders aren't that tough at all actually. you don't need a lot of experience to build or use a 6th order. that's a pretty stupid myth. click the second link in my sig, i've got the build of a 6th order for a pair of 8's logged on here. I think it would save you the 400 some extra on equipment, and potentially be louder than the 6 18's.

Just a proposal. i'd be willing to help you out with it if you decided to go that route.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

6th orders aren't that tough at all actually. you don't need a lot of experience to build or use a 6th order. that's a pretty stupid myth. click the second link in my sig, i've got the build of a 6th order for a pair of 8's logged on here. I think it would save you the 400 some extra on equipment, and potentially be louder than the 6 18's.

Just a proposal. i'd be willing to help you out with it if you decided to go that route.

Awesome, I will definitely take a look at that. And that would be awesome if you can help me with the design. I'll check it out when I get off work.

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

Looking forward to this. Got some pics of the truck? I have a 94 F350CCLB. I'm doing 2 15's in a 4th blow through. Don't have a shell or I'd think about other options.

Well I'm at work now and the computers won't upload photobucket pics but when I get home I can. I just bought the truck and it's got all the farm boy accessories on it lol. But I just ordered some ultra goliath wheels for it and I'm going to throw a 3" lift on it. It's a 99.5 powerstroke cc dually.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

No BanginHoe I dont know where to get cheaper wood, unless you wanna use 7/8" MDF that comes in 1/4 sheets.

Alright, well it was worth a shot lol. But I heard that tiburon last night. That thing is loud.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Looking forward to this. Got some pics of the truck? I have a 94 F350CCLB. I'm doing 2 15's in a 4th blow through. Don't have a shell or I'd think about other options.

Well I'm at work now and the computers won't upload photobucket pics but when I get home I can. I just bought the truck and it's got all the farm boy accessories on it lol. But I just ordered some ultra goliath wheels for it and I'm going to throw a 3" lift on it. It's a 99.5 powerstroke cc dually.

If you're not already on it, check out this forum for it: Ford Truck Enthusiasts, and since you have a Power stroke this one too: Powerstroke Nation, Lots of great info there. For your lift, I'd HIGHLY SUGGEST a Reverse Shackle Kit for the front. I just bought one for mine and there are hundreds of theads on them on that site. Softens the ride greatly and depending on who you go with you can get from a 2.25" lift up to about a 5" lift out of it.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Cant' wait to see you get started on this!

If you're not already on it, check out this forum for it: Ford Truck Enthusiasts, and since you have a Power stroke this one too: Powerstroke Nation, Lots of great info there. For your lift, I'd HIGHLY SUGGEST a Reverse Shackle Kit for the front. I just bought one for mine and there are hundreds of theads on them on that site. Softens the ride greatly and depending on who you go with you can get from a 2.25" lift up to about a 5" lift out of it.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Cant' wait to see you get started on this!

I will definitely do that. I have looked at a lot of the threads on there but never became a member. But I'm pretty sure shackles are illegal in Indiana. lol

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike

Archived