Second Skin Audio

Anyone Ever build a box with particle board?!?!?

alenv10

I made some very good boxes out of particle board. As far as a construction material, I didn't find it any worse or better than MDF. The issues came in when I tried to paint it. THe edges won't come to a nice smooth finish without unreasonable sanding, and you'll never get it to look decent. It's okay if you carpet I suppose. Use some liquid nails on it as well. It

ll never come apart without a sledghammer.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

I built a box for a 100w 10" sub that came with a cheap Phillips home theater set out of pieces of 1/2" particle board from old Ikea furniture. Worked out just fine, used it as part of a garage system for a while. As for car audio, I wouldn't build with particle board.

I'm gonna hate

People think of PB like they think of prefab boxes, that they are terrible and not worth using and nothing could be farther from the truth.

Each has it's own place and use and if you understand each ones strengths and weaknesses then there is nothing wrong in using them.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i still will buy MDF over pb but if i need to keep cost down or try something new without breaking the bank PB will work just fine after i want to finallize something or my test worked i will move up to mdf and most times gain a lil

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived