Sonic Electronix

welded my ground to my frame to stop the ground noise with no success please help!!!!!!

im having ground noise through my subs when i turn the car off, use the auto windows or prettt much any accessories. i have two alpine type xs, soundstreem rubicon 2500d. kinetic hc1400r. full stinger 1/0 power ground and big three upgrade. i cant figure it out lol i welded the damn thing to make sure there were 100% no grounding problems lol. please help im about to rip this thing out and throw it away lol

You WELDED your ground? How would you think that would have helped?!?!

If anything that's the opposite of what you wanted to do. Moving your ground to find a better spot would've been the better approach. What brand RCAs are you using? Where is your power wire in correlation to the RCAs. What kind of deck are you running? What vehicle is it? Where is you front battery grounded to? Where is the secondary battery grounded to?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Don't weld grounds.

first thing to do is remove the rca's from all the amps and power them up and see if you get any noise out of your sub or stage speakers.

The point is to try and isolate where the noise is coming from.

If no noise is present then hook your stage amp up and see if any noise is present when you power it back up.

If no noise then hook up the sub amp and see if you get noise when you power it back up.

If your getting noise from anything then try another rca jack not mounted in the car ran from the h/u to the amp making the noise and see if it is still there.

If you keep getting noise then try replacing that amp and see if goes or stays.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

whats wrong with welding a bolt to the frame and then using that as a ground i have done it many times

rca's running along power wire or over an ecu can cause this

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=ground+loop+isolator&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&biw=1572&bih=750&wrapid=tlif134705969071310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=11587398529593101263&sa=X&ei=939KUOahJ8K0yAGd7IGABQ&ved=0CIcBEPMCMAY

these have done wonders for me in the past and there cheap

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Pics of said ground???

I wanna see how you welded it.

Follow skullz instructions. It helps if you have an rca adapter for an ipod or another source you can send a signal to your amps with.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

whats wrong with welding a bolt to the frame and then using that as a ground i have done it many times

rca's running along power wire or over an ecu can cause this

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=ground+loop+isolator&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&biw=1572&bih=750&wrapid=tlif134705969071310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=11587398529593101263&sa=X&ei=939KUOahJ8K0yAGd7IGABQ&ved=0CIcBEPMCMAY

these have done wonders for me in the past and there cheap

You would have known the ground was SOLID first though right? You wouldn't have welded a ground in a effort to get rid of that Nasty ground loop, would you have? I was referring to this not being a solution for a ground loop issue, which sounds to me like the OP has a case of.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Haven't used one of those since the late eighties. They work great and I still have one in top drawer of my toolbox

thats the thing i screwdd the ground down with another screw and the ground loop noise went away a little. if i switch my off brand rcas for some rockford rcas woukd that help. i got new rcas and made sure they were away from power. im running an alpine 9886. what is wrong with welding the ground to the frame?

Archived