if you take the cheap approach to a turbo youll end up with msjor issues too. its not worth it for an every day streeter

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if you take the cheap approach to a turbo youll end up with msjor issues too. its not worth it for an every day streeter

3 grand plus for a full single turbo setup, would easily take 3 years to see any payback from *possible* increase in fuel economy. Major pain in the ass to get it right. Quick check list...

$1800 - rebuilt Garrett t3/4 hybrid turbo

$500 intercooler

$400 turbo cooling/air plumbing

$400 ECM tuning

$600 intake manifold

$500 upgraded MAF

$600 larger injectors

blah blah, you get the point. Takes a lot of time, money, and hassle for a possible increase in fuel economy. Not really worth it unless you go all out and swap/build your trans, rear end, suspension.

Not trying to bash on you, n8, just backing up your point some. (only been here a few months and I already figured out your the dude NOT to fuck with ;) )

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

3 grand plus for a full single turbo setup, would easily take 3 years to see any payback from *possible* increase in fuel economy. Major pain in the ass to get it right. Quick check list...

$500 intercooler

$400 ECM tuning

$600 intake manifold

$500 upgraded MAF

$600 larger injectors

blah blah, you get the point. Takes a lot of time, money, and hassle for a possible increase in fuel economy. Not really worth it unless you go all out and swap/build your trans, rear end, suspension.

600 for injectors? LMAO No

You forgot labor cost.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

$500 intercooler

$400 ECM tuning

$600 intake manifold

$500 upgraded MAF

$600 larger injectors

600 for injectors? LMAO No

You forgot labor cost.

Rough guesstimate! I figure $80ish per injector, 8 of them so around $600. Labor isn't even needed to support the ridiculous amount of money needed to get the point across.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Your best bet is to get a programmer, and an intake! That alone should be able to give you 5-10mpg. Turbos dont necessarily hurt your mpg, but a good kit isnt worth the $$$$ if your not gonna use it for performance!

they dont? i figure they do since you have to get bigger injectors or carburetor to feed it more fuel. most of the cars run lean to be able to pass emission and not upgrading injectors or bigger carb can and will harm an engine when running too lean. so in one way adding turbos does hurt gas mileage

With proper tuning, installation, and good product, it doesn't! My old race car would get 18-20mpg highway, with 1100hp! I dropped 2mpg from factory specs!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

im just going to guess since you said youve seen videos of turbos on 5.3s that you have a 5.3. so if you really want to get better gas millage what i would suggest is getting a air intake and a true tune and if you have the money exhaust.

ive got a 99 sierra 5.3 with air intake, true dual exhaust, and tune by wheatley in houston and i am getting right around 19mpg. and thats with z71 with 33 inch tires and 3.73 gears

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

Another thing that helps a few mpg is running 93 octane instead of 87. In my blazer I get a little more power and go from 17 highway to 20 highway. and in town there is a noticeable difference in power.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Another thing that helps a few mpg is running 93 octane instead of 87. In my blazer I get a little more power and go from 17 highway to 20 highway. and in town there is a noticeable difference in power.

this is very true.

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

Archived