I have been shooting my buddy's S&W 9 mm for a while and was wanting to get my own handgun now, preferably a .40cal. I looked at the glock 23 and looked at the glock 22 and they both looked good and the prices werent too bad. I'm looking to spend up to $500 for the gun and was just wanting your guys input. If you think there is another glock or brand that would better suit me, feel free to let me know. I'm 6ft 250lbs if that helps.

I went to a pawn shop and looked at their selection and they have a Glock 22 new with 2 mags for $489 and they said their prices aren't firm, I don't know a whole lot about what brands are best or reliable, I just know glocks are an older reputable brand out there.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Can't go wrong with a Glock as far as reliability. But IMO there's much better out there, it's all personal preference.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Shot 100 rounds through a Glock 22 2 Saturdays ago. sweetbabyjesus what a nice weapon. Light and balanced, fits well in large hands. Shoots almost identical to the 17 I have.

Can't fail with the Glock, may it be in 40 cal as a 22 or in 9mm as a 17. .40 cal is a tad bit pricier than 9mm, atleast around here.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

My best advise for you is to go shoot one before you buy.. Shoot as many different brands as you can. All guns handle different. I really dont like Glock very much, I prefer S&W M&P cause it feels much better in my hand and has changable back strap for different size hands

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Just like everyon ehas said go shoot some if you can...and hold them handle them for while before you buy it. I bought a Glock 19gen3 about a 6months ago. I held the gun I bought for a good 10-15min at the store using the mag release and slide release. The guy thought I was crazy but the gun fits me perfect.

Eventually mines going to be used for concealed carry so I have a more compact 9mm not full size but it turns out the mid compact fits my hand the best so thats what I got.

If you aren't in CALI you are lucky you guys can get a Gen4 glock.

People will argue calibers but in the end your shot placement is the deciding factor when downing a target(self defense situations)....If the caliber is larger and it makes it harder for you to shoot accurately the .45 wont be any more effective missing than a 9mm will...When I shoot a .45 my accuracy isnt as good as the 9mm. I like my stepdads .40..but at the end of the day Im the most comfortable with the 9mm and shoot the best with it.

Plus a perk is ammo is cheaper . :)

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Well for now the gun is going to be for just going to the range, once I can get my conceal carry it will be for that. I might look into the S&W M&P as well, I'm not set in stone on the gun choice yet. I figured the Glock would be a good choice because I'm in college for criminal justice and a good chunk of departments carry them.

i love the ergonomics of the m&P line. Im very comfortable with my glocks now. its all about feel. otherwise its a dangerous brick.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived