Second Skin Audio

$2,000 sub???

revoracing247

If you're into audio/sq this much then the speaker is for you.

Price doesn't matter at a certain point. That's the same with everything

We just choose what we want.

Personally if I had a few extra bucks and an extra car I'd love to do a full focal set up with their best stuff and learn how to tune amazing equipment like this

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Also, you guys need to realize, IT IS FUCKING CRUTCHFIELD. I have never seen a item on crutchfield, for anything under MSRP pricing, which in some cases, the dealer itself will sell lower than MSRP. Bottom line, crutchfield sucks and overprices everything, regardless.

You pay msrp bc you get their customer service before I knew much about car audio they would stay on the phone with me and guide me through everything and every wire. I promise you you will not got that from other online retailers

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

isnt the reason all of the SQ competitors in almost every SQ org use focal, and hertz? I think there is another one but I cannot remember..

if you want the perfect SQ setup, it requires your speakers/subs to play every single note thats in a song.. I have heard quite a few SQ setups where it has shown me that there are some notes in songs that I cannot play, as in there is another instrument in the song and my system just does not pick it up.. a true good SQ setup sounds beautiful, atleast to me.

I personally, if I had the money, would buy this.. I am actually looking at starting a SQ build in my millinia and Focal is one of those companies along with Morel and Hertz

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I think some of you are kind of exaggerating the price. Yeah it's a lot but it doesn't mean you have to wipe your ass with gold to afford it. Some people buy jetskis or atvs to ride as a hobby. Those can sure cost more than 2k especially with gas. Think of it like that and $2k seems relatively cheap.

Since you go to American Jewelry and Loan, I'm sure you can attest to this... the value is up to the user. There are comics out there that cost 15 cents back in the day that are worth thousands. See people come into the pawn shop saying it's selling for so much on Ebay and they give them like 1/3 of that haha. Some people would pay $1 million for some things, meanwhile others would pay $10 max.

So as far as this sub being 2 grand... first, you obviously have to have the money. But, depends on the user. If you don't care about SQ, you want loud for cheap, etc etc... of course you won't get that. There are much better choices when comparing loudness and money. Others who want the absolute finest SQ, would probably pay more than 2 grand.

Just like the Bugatti. Who the hell would pay $1-2 million for a car? One that has no a/c or cup holders? One that can empty it's gas tank in I think it was roughly 24 minutes? Well, first you have to have the money, then you'd have to like that car and such. For your common guy? Take about a million combined to buy it. Lol. About 2 million more to maintain and fuel it.

Sheena = pedobear

lets see its a focal, looks to be a neo motor, has quad coils, i can see why its expensive

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Since you go to American Jewelry and Loan, I'm sure you can attest to this... the value is up to the user. There are comics out there that cost 15 cents back in the day that are worth thousands. See people come into the pawn shop saying it's selling for so much on Ebay and they give them like 1/3 of that haha. Some people would pay $1 million for some things, meanwhile others would pay $10 max.

So as far as this sub being 2 grand... first, you obviously have to have the money. But, depends on the user. If you don't care about SQ, you want loud for cheap, etc etc... of course you won't get that. There are much better choices when comparing loudness and money. Others who want the absolute finest SQ, would probably pay more than 2 grand.

Just like the Bugatti. Who the hell would pay $1-2 million for a car? One that has no a/c or cup holders? One that can empty it's gas tank in I think it was roughly 24 minutes? Well, first you have to have the money, then you'd have to like that car and such. For your common guy? Take about a million combined to buy it. Lol. About 2 million more to maintain and fuel it.

Plus it's 38 grand to buy a set of 4 new tires for it :P

Just like everything else. If you love something the cost you pay doesn't matter, it's the satisfaction you get out of it.

Do you need a 150db+ system that you sunk thousands in to get? Of course not.

But is it worth every cent when you crank it and you get that fuzzy, jittery feeling in your stomach? Damn right it is.

Same with this. Different strokes for different folks. But the principle is the same.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

I've heard of people running more than 10k in rca's and speaker wire from kimber. 2 grand on a sub is nothing.

I've seen some cables that are $4000 a ft when my dad was showing me stuff from the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest website.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I've heard of people running more than 10k in rca's and speaker wire from kimber. 2 grand on a sub is nothing.

I've seen some cables that are $4000 a ft when my dad was showing me stuff from the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest website.

O.o does it cook me dinner and serve me dessert too?

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

If you can't afford it, it doesn't mean it's overpriced. Why would you buy a Nissan Altima or a Honda Civic instead of a Lexus or Ferrari or Lamborghini? They both get you from point A to B. Same idea. Comes down to build quality, sound quality, R&D, etc... I paid $300 for my one set of tweeters to run on 50 watts a piece. I could have got some boss ones for $5 instead.

They don't market these towards the part of the market that wants to cram as many speaker as they can somewhere or throw as much power as possible to a sub. Same goes for all high end brands like elletromedia and such. Each company sales a single piece of audio equipment in the 5k+ range. There are people who will buy it. That's who this stuff is made for.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived