CJ18 Posted October 18, 2012 Report Posted October 18, 2012 I just wanted to say thank you to Steve and the Mod Team for running such a great site. Everything is kept under control and there is very rarely any trouble and if there is it is always handled quickly and professionally. This is a great place for anyone to come and get help with anything car related. When I first came to SMD I had absolutely no clue what I was doing, I have learned so much thanks to this site and all of the knowledgeable guys here.
IBleedMusick Posted October 18, 2012 Report Posted October 18, 2012 I just wanted to say thank you to Steve and the Mod Team for running such a great site. Everything is kept under control and there is very rarely any trouble and if there is it is always handled quickly and professionally. This is a great place for anyone to come and get help with anything car related. When I first came to SMD I had absolutely no clue what I was doing, I have learned so much thanks to this site and all of the knowledgeable guys here. Seriously? Could've fooled me your work is outstanding seems like you been doing this all your life. I have learned quite a bit by being apart of this community and regardless of the fact that I am a member on quite a few forums this is the only one that remains open on a browser when I'm near a pc or open on my phone 24/7. 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
SnowDrifter Posted October 18, 2012 Report Posted October 18, 2012 Yup. I love this place. Pretty laid back and I am ALWAYS learning something. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Emmet Posted October 18, 2012 Report Posted October 18, 2012 No doubt, it feels more than just a forum. It's a family. I honestly haven't been on a website with the same vibe as this one. Much respect to the mods, admins and steve for building it into what it is today. i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah.. You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people. I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
SLAYER1805 Posted October 18, 2012 Report Posted October 18, 2012 When I first joined here I had my doubts that I was gonna gonna like it because I didn't know jack s**t about car audio, but then I started getting on from time to time and now I'm on 24/7. I always need to carry my charger because I kill my battery on my phone from being on so much! I feel welcome on here and there's just so much knowledge to read up on! Shout out to Steve, the mods and the SMD fam!
CJ18 Posted October 18, 2012 Author Report Posted October 18, 2012 When I first joined SMD, I didnt even know what voltage was. I was trying to run 4 Kicker zx2500s on 1 220a alt with 4 small stinger batteries. I didnt know what a signal was, much less a clean signal. I was running 1 amp per coil on a pair of SOLO X 18s. I gain matched them by setting the gain at the same hash mark on each amp. I can keep going on how much of a noob I really was. I have learned everything that I know about car audio from this site.
SnowDrifter Posted October 18, 2012 Report Posted October 18, 2012 When I first joined SMD, I didnt even know what voltage was. I was trying to run 4 Kicker zx2500s on 1 220a alt with 4 small stinger batteries. I didnt know what a signal was, much less a clean signal. I was running 1 amp per coil on a pair of SOLO X 18s. I gain matched them by setting the gain at the same hash mark on each amp. I can keep going on how much of a noob I really was. I have learned everything that I know about car audio from this site. My first 'port' was taking the side of a sealed box and drilling 5-6 1" holes in it. Then cutting those out with a saw. LOL ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
IBleedMusick Posted October 18, 2012 Report Posted October 18, 2012 I really didn't know as much as I know now this site has definitely taught me more than I could imagine learning anywhere else and the tips and tricks has made life so much easier. 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
corona_jeff Posted October 18, 2012 Report Posted October 18, 2012 Yea, I remember when Cody was a Noob.......lol
scooter99 Posted October 18, 2012 Report Posted October 18, 2012 I'm still learning, and without you Cody, I'd be so much less knowledgeable than the limited amount I am now. This site kicks ass, and is by far the best one around. So many people willing to help, and teach you. That's what a guy like me needs. Questions answered, and teachings taught. I wanna learn, I don't want someone to just give me the answer, and this site has a ton of folks who do that. "This is what you need cause it'll do this and if you don't that will happen and then cause issues with this". Not just "this is what you need". Me- why is that. "Look it up"! Me- LOST and Frustrated! So I agree, thanks SMD.com, and thanks to you Cody! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.