DC Sound Lab

DC Lvl 5 M1 Recone Direct Leads Option Available?

Exactly what the title states. I'm wondering if there's a direct lead option available for the Level 5 M1 recones. I'm guessing it's expensive and custom but hoping it's not, but that's why I'm asking lol. If it's available, is it expensive? (when I say expensive, I'm thinking $25 would be reasonable, $50 would be expensive).

Thanks.

Why not just get a recone..and remove the connectors on your basket currently. Than solder on direct leads and zipty them instead of soldering to push terminals.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

If your worried about them being expensive just don't solder on the original terminals, instead solder two 8 gauge wires well 4 total.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

They are available, and based on the prices you listed, they are reasonable

Thanks Cody. I'll probably get that option when I make my recone order from Rusty.

Also wondering on two other possible options.

Rusty posted a photo of an inverted green carbon fiber dustcap on FB a while back. it looked basically like a carbon fiber version of the TFS dustcap. It was on a 10" or 12" woofer (don't remember). I was wondering if they are available for 15s or 18s and if they're scaled to size (i.e. would be basically a carbon fiber version of the TFS cap)?

Second question, is it possible (whether through an existing option or modifying current equipment) to make a Lvl 5 m1 (or other dc lines for that matter) field reconeable like the hcca or something? Reason I ask is that I'd like to be able to switch my level 5s between say 15s and 18s without having to buy a new recone every time. I know it's kinda a pipe dream but was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of someone doing something like this.

Thanks Cody. I'll probably get that option when I make my recone order from Rusty.

Rusty posted a photo of an inverted green carbon fiber dustcap on FB a while back. it looked basically like a carbon fiber version of the TFS dustcap. It was on a 10" or 12" woofer (don't remember). I was wondering if they are available for 15s or 18s and if they're scaled to size (i.e. would be basically a carbon fiber version of the TFS cap)?

Second question, is it possible (whether through an existing option or modifying current equipment) to make a Lvl 5 m1 (or other dc lines for that matter) field reconeable like the hcca or something? Reason I ask is that I'd like to be able to switch my level 5s between say 15s and 18s without having to buy a new recone every time. I know it's kinda a pipe dream but was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of someone doing something like this.

The sub you talking about is a m2 lvl 5 12, yes it's a full dish cap. Field option not possable

If your worried about them being expensive just don't solder on the original terminals, instead solder two 8 gauge wires well 4 total.

It's not that I'm worried about them being expensive, I just wanted an idea of how much the option was so that I could determine whether or not I was willing to spend extra $$$ on them. and the direct leads that I'm talking about are different than soldering the leads to 8ga. they're woven into the spider...vs the standard ones that are just stiched down to the spiders in a few spots.

The sub you talking about is a m2 lvl 5 12, yes it's a full dish cap. Field option not possable

Yeah, my question is, is there a carbon fiber full dish cap available in 15s and/or 18s?

Edited by the_garynator