Sonic Electronix

if you want them to hit hard then go with a sealed enclosure ... however Im pretty sure if you are running 12s or 15s the sealed can damage the subs overtime due to the excess amount of pressure ?

:trippy:

Im sayin that because I heard that before and it seems right but idk

dont say it because you heard it from someone say it if you have experienced it.. i like sealed because it plays many types of music. i love ported because to me depending on the tuning it can get very low

DC,sundown,skar,SSA, FI, DAD,AQ,DD,obsidian,PSI. those are all good brands, an i only named a few. it just comes down to what name u like, what looks u prefer, price they are an they power they handle. just do some research on subs. an u will find the brand u like.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

if you want them to hit hard then go with a sealed enclosure ... however Im pretty sure if you are running 12s or 15s the sealed can damage the subs overtime due to the excess amount of pressure ?

wrong. sealed is used for sound quality, rear sub fill, and/or if space is an issue

ported is used for louder output, usually tuned to what ever style of music you listen to, but in decrease in SQ and requires a larger size than sealed. in other words, ported is for teh bang in teh trunkz

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

You can make ANY sub hit hard IF, you A) have enough of them and/or B. Have enough cowbell :)

All about enclosure and vehicle and money after A and B.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

wrong. sealed is used for sound quality, rear sub fill, and/or if space is an issue

ported is used for louder output, usually tuned to what ever style of music you listen to, but in decrease in SQ and requires a larger size than sealed. in other words, ported is for teh bang in teh trunkz

i have heard that ported in some cases can give better SQ

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

FIRST

What car?

Second

Budget on subs (you covered that)

THIRD

you would need a nice amp to power your good subs (looking at another 600-1000, depending which subs and what power you want)

FOURTH

BIG 3 Upgrade w/ 1/0 ga wires, upgrade your front battery, and add 1-2 batteries (depending how much power you gonna have). its not just the subs that will make the system go BOOOOM. you need a amplifier that will supply the power to the subs, AND you need the electrical power(batteries and upgraded high output alternator) so it can supply the amplifier's demand. it can get expensive quick, but doing it the right way the first time will pay off on that loud and clean system that you invested.

FIRST

What car?

Second

Budget on subs (you covered that)

THIRD

you would need a nice amp to power your good subs (looking at another 600-1000, depending which subs and what power you want)

FOURTH

BIG 3 Upgrade w/ 1/0 ga wires, upgrade your front battery, and add 1-2 batteries (depending how much power you gonna have). its not just the subs that will make the system go BOOOOM. you need a amplifier that will supply the power to the subs, AND you need the electrical power(batteries and upgraded high output alternator) so it can supply the amplifier's demand. it can get expensive quick, but doing it the right way the first time will pay off on that loud and clean system that you invested.

This, there is any fun/possibility on subs for 700 who can fire 3 K watt´s, for maby a 70 amp alt and a tiny battery

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

if i was to spend $600-$700 on 2 15's id go with fi Q fully loaded

1999 oldsmobile alero

optima yellow top

Alpine CDE 124SXM

hifonics brutus 1200.1d

(2) lanzar opti 1232d inverted in mtx side ported box

lanzar cheap 80 dolla holla 1000 watt 2 channel - infinity 6x9

factory door speakers on bass blockers (dont judge me)

big 3 in 4gauge

Archived