Jump to content

Damn you Apple "Ipod issue"


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am sure many of you have had the same issue. My Ipods gen 1-3 charged off my head until with no problem. now with that newer version of code none of the charge from the head unit. Apple is very rude for taking away a simple feature. I never took my ipod out of the car to charge and now every 4-5 days I have to remember to take it into the house to charge.

Posted

You just became my hero.

I still find it rude,

Posted

Why not go back to the old version?

Can it even be done?

only way to go back is if you have a touch or iphone that was jailbroken and you saved the shsh blobs since apple doesnt sign the firmwares any more.

Posted

I switched to a Clip Zip about a month ago and I'm glad I did lol

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Posted

only problem I see with a clip zip is it wont use the controls on my alpine headunit. I use the full speed cable so I can hide it all in the center console.

I did order the 12V TO 5V CHARGING CHARGER ADAPTER CONVERTER FOR iPOD from ebay. will test it this weekend

  • 2 months later...
Posted
Posted

Yupp, full control for when I eventually switch headunits is one of the reasons I bought a 4G Touch, just got it yesterday in the mail. Clip Zip is mainly great for portability and gym use

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Posted

heres how you can revert firmware on the ipod without needing a jailbreak. You first need to lookup the firmware on google for your generation and model ipod. It is a little download that you need to save. Next connect your ipod to your computer then click on it on the left column. Next hold down the shift button on your keyboard and click on the restore button. Next find that file you downloaded earlier and open it. Allow it to dump your ipod completely and install and presto you will have the old firmware back. Just disable automatic updates for it and you will be good. Also note that again this erases everything on the ipod so make sure your songs and all that still work in itunes.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2887 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...