2004 Avalanche Build all Vibe Audio

Well I'm not sure if you clamped to get a good guesstimate or your actual power but I ran 4100 a piece to a pair of BTL N2's for almost a year and their still working fine. If your worried about it get the sp4's but either way make sure your giving them clean power cause even a sub that's rated at 5000rms won't take 5000 of dirty power for long

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Well I'm not sure if you clamped to get a good guesstimate or your actual power but I ran 4100 a piece to a pair of BTL N2's for almost a year and their still working fine. If your worried about it get the sp4's but either way make sure your giving them clean power cause even a sub that's rated at 5000rms won't take 5000 of dirty power for long

i have 2 Black Death 5000 watt amps they seem pretty true it sounded great till i put a bassmaster song to them off my ipod...lol then smelled smoke then heard the grinding! the subs were rated at 7500 and i didnt even have the amps turned up yet, but when i tore them down the spider and surround were still super stiff and ive been playing just regular music on them for almost 3 weeks, ive been looking at RE's and Sundowns today im not good with model numbers what are the "sp4" so far unless i want to spend almost a 1k a sub they all seem to be in the 2000 to 3000 watt range i may go down to one amp for now if i cant find a good deal! so you all moved back yet?

i have 2 Black Death 5000 watt amps they seem pretty true it sounded great till i put a bassmaster song to them off my ipod...lol then smelled smoke then heard the grinding! the subs were rated at 7500 and i didnt even have the amps turned up yet, but when i tore them down the spider and surround were still super stiff and ive been playing just regular music on them for almost 3 weeks, ive been looking at RE's and Sundowns today im not good with model numbers what are the "sp4" so far unless i want to spend almost a 1k a sub they all seem to be in the 2000 to 3000 watt range i may go down to one amp for now if i cant find a good deal! so you all moved back yet?

The SP4 is a Fi sub thats rated at 3000rms but can take much more and its a 4inch VC around $530 a sub. I don't know and haven't heard anything about the Vibe stuff but I will bet everything that those subs wouldn't hold 7500true RMS. Then it could be that those amps are putting out dirty power also. Don't remember but how did you set your gains? I know you have seen my build and I beat my system hard everyday with no problems from the BTL's. So if you get the SP4's or any 4inch VC proven sub you should be fine

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

KEEP IN MIND IM RUNNING 10K TO THE SUBS!

...the subs were rated at 7500 and i didnt even have the amps turned up yet...

Then the Vibe numbers aren't real and/or you messed up.

Was the coilt that smashed right when you cut it out?

is that coil former charred? its kinda blurry. 10k if its a true 10k is a ton of power for 2 woofers daily.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

7500 watts rms on a four inch coil?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

im thinking after taking a better look at the coil it just failed looks like it wasnt bonded good enough came loose and froze up, the other one is pounding away no probs spent 3 hours tuning today and turned the gains up a little since the sub is starting to get a little softer now they were so stiff new you really had to push on them to make them move at all! the amps are good for sure no dirty power i know alot people dont know about them cause they are from england but retail on them is $3000 and they rate really high over there ive put them on a meter and they seem to be close on their claims, im gonna have to chalk this up to a defective sub cause where the coil came off there is almost no resin melted or otherwise and im not exactly a novice when it comes to building subwoofers i woked for Electro Voice for 2 years when they had a factory here where i live. i put a temp 15 a lower line vibe 15 that i had extra and its doin good too. i got a question maybe stupid one but has anyone else ever had the bass trigger a fault code on your air bag sensor? not set is off but 3 times today i could play a certain song and it would trigger my dash monitor system to pop up air bag sensor fault? i may try the FI's "real" but for now gonna leave what i got see how long before i toast them..lol i am gonna try to get a good video tomorrow and even try to get it trippin that air bag sensor light, been doing this for 20 years and the air bag thing is a first for me! im sure i just have a bad sensor and the bass is messin with it!

Archived