what are good bright bulbs besides HID?

Futurevision.... Imo best hids out there they are more expensive but they're quality... My buddy is using them in his suburban and on his kawasaki zx14

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Good brands are XenonDepot, Future Vision, and TRE (The Retrofit Source).

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I have ran futurevision and i love them. Yeah they are costly but their customer service is exceptional. Now for how it was mentioned previously about hid's not lighting up as well as halogens that i can see how people say that but here is my finding on it. I have futurevision's projectors in my low beams of the headlights and they are currently running with 55w bulbs at 8000k so its really like a 5000k 35w bulb with the power going through them. My fogs are just installed in the reflector housing since to my surprise it doesnt get any hot spots or scatter the light, it spreads it evenly so i didnt feel the need to buy projectors for them plus their cutoff is down super low so i dont need to worry about blinding oncoming traffic with them like i do the low beams. Anyways with my hid's i noticed that the difference in temperature plays with your eyes and makes you think that they dont shine as far since the warmer temperatures are what show up on old blacktop better. With my hid's they are barely noticable on brand new blacktop other than the lines in the road which helps to prove my next point. With halogen bulbs the lines on the road were about 3-5 car lengths at most visible in front of my truck. When i went to my hid's i have from what i noticed about 6-8 car lengths that the lines will reflect the light back. As for road signs and reflectors built into vehicles lights the hid's make them stand out like a sore thumb which i love for spotting hidden cops. Halogen bulbs are not that bright so they will not really bounce the light back off the scotch tape like hid's do. my halogens i could see if i was lucky strike a stop sign a block away from where my truck was at and that was it. when i went to the hid's i can see stop signs a mile and a quarter away from my truck. And no my beams are not up high nor were my high beams on. I have my lights cut down farther than they should be since i drive a truck and the lights are up high and can hit your eyes if you drive a super low car.

And for driving in the rain my hid's are great. The problem with them is that the lights tend to become low/high beams since the water on the ground once it starts to pool will take the light that is super bright that hits the ground and reflect the light up in the air. When i drive in the rain i can see the tops of trees getting some of the light from my headlights.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Okay to answer your question i never heard of those brands before so i cannot tell you if they are good or shit quality. Now for making them fit your first link will show you where you have to select the size name to select from, there are a ton of bulb sizes out there on the market. Does your vehicle have a single headlight where the low and high beam are in the same socket? To find your bulb numbers go here http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx then follow the menu on the left underneath "start here" to find your part number for every bulb in your vehicle. For the housing you could use the hid's in the stock housing on your vehicle as it is now BUT you would be risking the problem of getting hot spots and scattered light that will blind the living hell out of oncoming drivers. The best but hardest and most expensive way would be to do what i did and take the light housing apart with a heat gun, install hid projectors, reglue the light housing back together then put the hid bulbs in. The hid projectors give a razor sharp cutoff that when aimed properly will not blind oncoming traffic and plus since they do not give hot spots as long as they are centered correctly the light spreads out wider and evenly. Most people (no offense to anyone) half ass it and get hid bulbs and shove them in their headlight and not give a shit. If you are going to do that make sure your headlights can be adjusted because you should really re-aim your headlights after you install the hid's to make them aim down further than they were with halogen bulbs. Now what i mean by making sure they can be adjusted would be to get the stock halogen bulbs on there and park your car on a level surface with a flat wall about 15-20 feet away from the headlights. Then get the adjustment screw adapter needed for your make and model vehicle and turn them to ensure the lights actually move up and down. Sometimes if these are not used they can seize up and break if you try to adjust them, if this is the case you need to buy new or used headlight housings that you CAN adjust. For adjustment park the car at the same, on a level surface with a flat wall 15-20 feet away from your headlights. Pull the car up to the wall so its within a foot from the wall and get some masking tape. Mask off the area of light where your headlight beam pattern is going from shining to dark (this part may be like a u shape and curve upwards a little, go in the middle of this u shape). If your headlights have a vertical adjustment make another piece of tape where you will go top to bottom and mark the brightest spot where the light is on the wall. Once you masked off both sides and have the line about 5-6 feet out in both directions back the car up 15-20 feet. Now that line you created with the tape earlier will be your reference point to adjust the beams. For the horizontal adjustment take the light so the middle area of that u-shaped cutoff pattern is in the middle of the horizontal line we created earlier on the wall. If you have vertical adjustment then adjust it so that the brightest part of the beam is aimed at that vertical line you made on the wall for each side. Once you have done that you have aimed your lights properly. I have a guide sheet from futurevision on how to aim your lights if you would like to see those steps. They wrote them in great detail with good illustrations and i can email it to you if youd like.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I have 5000k HIDs, and am NEVER going back to halogens.. thats a promise lol

My advice would just be to stay away from DDM Tuning. After having a set of mismatched bulbs, bad ballast, and one of the bulbs go bad (all within 3 months).. I said fuck it and went with XenonDepot. I havent had a single problem since :)

meh, see now i've had great experiences with them so i'd definitely recommend them. ordered the wrong bulbs because the new headlight housing i bought had different bulbs, so i e-mailed or called them (can't remember) and they told me to send them back, did it, and they sent me a new pair just like that and they've been working perfectly ever since. definitely going to be the company i got with for my next vehicle

Okay to answer your question i never heard of those brands before so i cannot tell you if they are good or shit quality. Now for making them fit your first link will show you where you have to select the size name to select from, there are a ton of bulb sizes out there on the market. Does your vehicle have a single headlight where the low and high beam are in the same socket? To find your bulb numbers go here http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting-systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx then follow the menu on the left underneath "start here" to find your part number for every bulb in your vehicle. For the housing you could use the hid's in the stock housing on your vehicle as it is now BUT you would be risking the problem of getting hot spots and scattered light that will blind the living hell out of oncoming drivers. The best but hardest and most expensive way would be to do what i did and take the light housing apart with a heat gun, install hid projectors, reglue the light housing back together then put the hid bulbs in. The hid projectors give a razor sharp cutoff that when aimed properly will not blind oncoming traffic and plus since they do not give hot spots as long as they are centered correctly the light spreads out wider and evenly. Most people (no offense to anyone) half ass it and get hid bulbs and shove them in their headlight and not give a shit. If you are going to do that make sure your headlights can be adjusted because you should really re-aim your headlights after you install the hid's to make them aim down further than they were with halogen bulbs. Now what i mean by making sure they can be adjusted would be to get the stock halogen bulbs on there and park your car on a level surface with a flat wall about 15-20 feet away from the headlights. Then get the adjustment screw adapter needed for your make and model vehicle and turn them to ensure the lights actually move up and down. Sometimes if these are not used they can seize up and break if you try to adjust them, if this is the case you need to buy new or used headlight housings that you CAN adjust. For adjustment park the car at the same, on a level surface with a flat wall 15-20 feet away from your headlights. Pull the car up to the wall so its within a foot from the wall and get some masking tape. Mask off the area of light where your headlight beam pattern is going from shining to dark (this part may be like a u shape and curve upwards a little, go in the middle of this u shape). If your headlights have a vertical adjustment make another piece of tape where you will go top to bottom and mark the brightest spot where the light is on the wall. Once you masked off both sides and have the line about 5-6 feet out in both directions back the car up 15-20 feet. Now that line you created with the tape earlier will be your reference point to adjust the beams. For the horizontal adjustment take the light so the middle area of that u-shaped cutoff pattern is in the middle of the horizontal line we created earlier on the wall. If you have vertical adjustment then adjust it so that the brightest part of the beam is aimed at that vertical line you made on the wall for each side. Once you have done that you have aimed your lights properly. I have a guide sheet from futurevision on how to aim your lights if you would like to see those steps. They wrote them in great detail with good illustrations and i can email it to you if youd like.

Thanks man! You been a huge help!!

Archived