Anybody else hate Halos?

Yep ... I gave up my search long ago and bought stock replacement light lenses and installed the HIDs anyways ... worked great for me

untill you got pulled over on the way to scraping haha

Didn't get pulled over because of Halos ... They did not like my green Low beams (especially the way they shined with the old lenses) ...

When I got back into town that monday, they dropped the ticket because they could not prove to me in writing that my lights were illeagal ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I agree, don't like them either. the choices are very limited on projectors for my car too.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I have done much research on HIDs, they use less power, and produce more light, but only when aimed correctly. That is why I want projectors so they are aimed right. I found a pair that are smoked, and with the halos off, it does not look so bad, but then I think, that what is the point of getting HIDs with smoked lens, it just seems stupid. So what I think I will have to do is since my Explorer came with a 2 piece turn signal/headlight, I will get new lens, that are clearer, cleanup the grounds, and get Silverstar Ultras. that will be the best I can do for now. I will also just use some night shades on the turn signal part, I think it will look sick against my black truck.

Also, if I upset anybody about the racist comment, sorry it was a joke, I guess my sense of humor does not transfer over intext.

Also meade, I saw a Expedition in the parking lot at my work with 5 stick on vents on each side, and chrome edging around every door.

do a projector retro fit

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=25

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Depends on the car.

15714461_large.jpg

DSCN0261.jpg

halo.jpg

39372694001_large.jpg

39372694004_large.jpg

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I completely agree that it depends on the car, I just know that it would look very stupid on my Explorer. on a 3000GT it looks real nice.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

i think it really depends on the vehicle, the only reason the ones on my jeep are hooked up is because they are wired to the side led's

DSCF1458.jpg

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

why don't you just get some of these

http://www.ebay.com/...bf71c83&vxp=mtr

and then retrofit some morimoto projectors in them.

http://www.ebay.com/...2358d85&vxp=mtr

thats what I'll do!

I was considering that actually, on my Explorer forum, many of the people on there have tried that, but it involved putting the plastic housings in an oven to be able to separate it, to gain access to the inside to place the projector, and if I mess up that is $100 mistake. Other then that, it really does not seem that hard to do.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

I just finished up my retro-fit today, it's ridiculous how much a good set of projector's and hids improve light output and you can paint your reflector whatever color you want and make them look a lot better than those cheap ebay lights withe the gay halos.

2011 Chevy Camaro
Pioneer AVH-P1400
AA Mayhem 12
Audioque 3500D.1
Knu 1/0

2000 Chevy Silverado

2 Sundown SA-15's

1 American Bass 200.1

Sky High 1/0

Stock Electrical..... FTL!

Archived