not everyone likes the dd-1? some rude comments

I know the issue here, and someone hinted at it in a post over on those other forums. They actually referenced one of my threads in their post. The were talking about when i set the gains for a friend here at work. We set his gains with the -5d track with his sub level at max and everything at flat. Turned out he was not as loud as he thought he was.

(I tried to explain how -5 was a pretty safe track to use (on music), and even if he clipped a little it wouldn't kill anything, but I didn't want to use -10db cause it was not my equipment and it was to risky)

Guess what he did the next day, he set his gains by ear and they were much higher. This is an example of what happens to a lot of people. They find out that 500 or 1k or 1.5k is not as loud as they "think" it should be. So they just turn it up till they can "hear" the distortion and we know that if you can hear distortion from your subs you are way past the point of clipping.

There you have it in a nutshell ladies and gentlemen.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Yes we have seen lots of Sundown amps go into protect after using the DD-1 all of them had similar damage in the protect circuit.

It may be a defect in SOME DD-1 units, or the way it was used, or some other unforeseen condition that exists to cause the problem. I don't know, I do not own a DD-1, don't need it, I have oscilloscopes.

Which sundown amps?? I can put my finger on a lot of amps my dd-1 and cc-1 has tuned...

5 different Sundown 4500s, some of them multiple times because things in the install have been changed.

2 Sundown NS-1s

1 Sundown 200.4

1 Sundown 100.2

2 Sundown 100.4

and theres probably been more that Im forgetting.

All amps still working 100%, and hell I probably have misc videos doing so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Z57r1NsEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJAlKetlUY

just proof your full of it.

I was quoting db-r lol

Ok, my bad then.. In that case, as much as I like his quality of amp repairs, DB-r is FULL OF IT!

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Yes we have seen lots of Sundown amps go into protect after using the DD-1 all of them had similar damage in the protect circuit.

It may be a defect in SOME DD-1 units, or the way it was used, or some other unforeseen condition that exists to cause the problem. I don't know, I do not own a DD-1, don't need it, I have oscilloscopes.

Which sundown amps?? I can put my finger on a lot of amps my dd-1 and cc-1 has tuned...

5 different Sundown 4500s, some of them multiple times because things in the install have been changed.

2 Sundown NS-1s

1 Sundown 200.4

1 Sundown 100.2

2 Sundown 100.4

and theres probably been more that Im forgetting.

All amps still working 100%, and hell I probably have misc videos doing so.

just proof your full of it.

I was quoting db-r lol

Haha Tacoma, I thought you were on DB-r's side too! Didn't realize you were quoting him.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Some guy randomly pm'd yesterday babbling about db-r and the dd1 and caco and I asked him Wtf he was talking about but he has yet to answer...

I'd imagine it was pertaining to more shit talking about dd1 and how simeone misused it and jacked their shit up and wants to blamr it on a product when it was really the dingbat behind it

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

The bad part is he has one and never used it. He could have tested it himself. Must not be man enough to test it himself.

He is referring to Ampmedics tool..I think

I don't know, but that is border line slandering. To blame a tool, make fun of people using the tool, etc..yea, this along with my SKar amp being 'repaired' by him; I think I am done with any company that uses him as a warranty shop.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

If it has a ground wire with a clip I bet they put it in the wrong place or it touched something it shouldn't have while it was live. Probably nothing wrong with the thing, but from MY POINT OF VIEW if they broke it by using the thing they are likely to break it again by using the thing (same way, incorrectly whatever the case may be) and it's fully my prerogative to NOT warranty it if I don't want to. They can get mad, IDGAF.

So did he just say that it's most likely not the DD-1's fault, but instead it's the user's fault? I think that's the first time he's said that

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

If it has a ground wire with a clip I bet they put it in the wrong place or it touched something it shouldn't have while it was live. Probably nothing wrong with the thing, but from MY POINT OF VIEW if they broke it by using the thing they are likely to break it again by using the thing (same way, incorrectly whatever the case may be) and it's fully my prerogative to NOT warranty it if I don't want to. They can get mad, IDGAF.

So did he just say that it's most likely not the DD-1's fault, but instead it's the user's fault? I think that's the first time he's said that

that's what it sounds like to me but he can't seem to make up his mind on what he thinks.. All I know is from reading his comments I'm glad I don't have any products that they would have to service bcus that's bad for business when you talk to/about people like he was. I can't deny that I antagonized him some but I mean really dude,going to blame someone's mistake on the DD-1 and respond to comments like that,that's just shitty representation of the company..not good for Sundown either.