not everyone likes the dd-1? some rude comments

this just in, no warranty if you used a screw driver to set your gain. DAMN! Time to grow my coke nail.

that's effin hilarious

guys, just to let you know, i don't think even user error plus DD-1 equals amp failure. The DD-1 is COMPLETELY out of the equation. It is not physically doing any damage. If someone uses a scope, or DD-1, or DMM to set his gains, it is still up to him to have a proper setup to begin with and its always nice to have a reliable product too. I know a few brands that i have seen smoke over and over again over the years and it has NOTHING to do with whether the gain input was matched to the deck output properly. It has to do with reliability of the brand and the user. Its almost like blaming the screw driver for an amp blowing because you turned the gain up a little.

I can't think of any way, even if i did it on PURPOSE, how a DD-1 can blow an amp up. Is it possible to stick the probe in the speaker terminal and bend it in a 180, and still reach the case of the amp? I mean if someone did that, i still don't see how its the DD-1's fault.

If touching the probes in the most dangerous way possible on the amp cannot blow it. Then I would have to agree.

I stated in the thread on Caco:

In reality I would put just about anything on the fact there is an error somewhere else in the equation. Whether it be a bad signal from Rcas/HU, bad ground, or just plain old not enough electrical.

Edited by Hunters21w

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

guys, just to let you know, i don't think even user error plus DD-1 equals amp failure. The DD-1 is COMPLETELY out of the equation. It is not physically doing any damage. If someone uses a scope, or DD-1, or DMM to set his gains, it is still up to him to have a proper setup to begin with and its always nice to have a reliable product too. I know a few brands that i have seen smoke over and over again over the years and it has NOTHING to do with whether the gain input was matched to the deck output properly. It has to do with reliability of the brand and the user. Its almost like blaming the screw driver for an amp blowing because you turned the gain up a little.

I can't think of any way, even if i did it on PURPOSE, how a DD-1 can blow an amp up. Is it possible to stick the probe in the speaker terminal and bend it in a 180, and still reach the case of the amp? I mean if someone did that, i still don't see how its the DD-1's fault.

I'd touching the probes in the most dangerous way possible on the amp cannot blow it. Then I would have to agree.

I stated in the thread on Caco:

In reality I would put just about anything on the fact there is an error somewhere else in the equation. Whether it be a bad signal from Rcas/HU, bad ground, or just plain old not enough electrical.

And let's not forget that db-r has already stated that a lot of the amps in question had a silicone problem in the protection circuit.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

this just in, no warranty if you used a screw driver to set your gain. DAMN! Time to grow my coke nail.

that's effin hilarious

i am so quotable, i make myself sick sometimes. Is ok to quote myself? LOLLL

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

This whole thing has gotten out of hand...db-r states his warranty issue clearly but is still taking shots at Meade,as a person. There posting pics up of Meade and tony over there,yeah he may say he didn't post it but its up and has been up on their forum. When their forum rules state otherwise. Both forums "I" think are breaking their own rules. The guy(db-r) keeps changing his mind and even went to the point of listing his credentials. And for what? Because Steve said he wouldn't send him his alarm clock? Just like how he states he sticking to his warranty policy Steve can say where he will or will not send his alarm clock...lol!

And as much as everyone can keep going back and forth at each other it's all b.s. things like this make the 12 volt industry look crazy and give it a bad name. Grown men arguing over the Internet. Yeah things that are said can be funny,we all have laughed to ourselves when someone is pissed. In all there are company names being mentioned in this whole mess and getting their product bashed,or their company being bashed which is not Kool. Everyone has choices. No one stuck a gun to your head and said buy this "one". You buy what you buy ,willingly. You don't go and bash a product just because it didn't work well for you when it works well for others. Every product also comes with something called "INSTRUCTIONS" they are there for the BUYER,OPERATER to READ!!! To AVOID USER ERROR! Why buy a product worth so much and not know what it's fully capable of and "JUST GUESS",only to blow another product worth more money then start bashing products when it was operator error all along,just because people don't read the user manuals,instructions,etc.

All this has gotten way out of hand is ridiculous in my eyes. Not everyone will agree with me either and that's fine. Everyone has their own mind and opinion. Just like the saying goes,"opinions are like a$$hole$,everyone has them".

At the end of the day though both places SMD and db-r should clear and clean this up,I dont know both guys (SMD and db-r) but they have their own companies and can be heard and read ea. others comments over the Internet. When people can see one another,and if that's not possible,the phone. Business used to handled in person and if not the person is a phone call away. Db-r also keeps saying im from the "old school", from what i remember old school men handled their situations face to face. Both sides will stand behind their companies,who wouldn't? "I" also see Steve trying to prove his point by buying a sundown amp and test it and even going as far to making a vid to show its not his product blowing the amps. While db-r keeps changing his story it seems and only fueling the fire. I also say all this as just reading the threads on both forums. Idk either side(Steve or db-r)but they are both older than me. Anyone who has more knowledge than me in the 12 volt industry always has my attention as long as your willing to help others learn. Just thought I'd air out "MY" opinion about the situation and it sucks to see company names being brought into a situation and nothing positive being said. It's easy to speak out of anger,we all do it. But companies that are being mentioned like dc audio,sundown,SMD,db-r,& whatever companies db-r mentioned,are getting their names thrown out there over b.s. no one is perfect,no product is perfect. If its built by man it can be destroyed by man...good luck to all companies involved hope it gets handled though...my bad for writing a book f#%kers! And yeah i wrote all this with meade's comment sig'd but that sh!t was funny....I'm out like the burnt amps mentioned....

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

if you put a DD-1 in your amp terminal and it immediately went up in smoke, i would be concerned.

If you shoved your dick in the terminal and it didn't blow up but a month later it blew up, i STILL WOULDN'T be able to blame your dick.

It just does not make sense at all.