B-Pillar wall -- Flat or 4th???

I'm torn between doing 4 18s flat wall or 4 15s in a 4th order. Either way I will be running 4 Crossfire XS V2s. I will be starting with one 8k, eventually add a second. I want to play loud and low but still musical. I have 30-35 cubes to play with

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

• 1 month later...

do it in a 4th!
I did mine in a 4th order and I was amazed by the tightness and responsiveness. Plus if done right they can get stupid loud and can have a very flat response. Just my opinion though.

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

Thats a tough one!!!! Theres 310 ci in of cone are difference between the two. Me In a cone area guy and I know you like cone area yourself. Flip a coin!!!!! lol

1993 toyota pickup

head unit- kdc-x994

mids- jl xr 3ways with extra set of 6.5s

mids amp- nothing special yet

subs- 2 dc lvl6 m2s

sub amps- 2 dc 5ks

alts- 2 stock chevy ad244s

batts- 5 amg g31s & 1 amg g24

TEAM DC AUDIO!

TEAM NWSPL!

with the subs you have chose most setups are 6ths or ported. you will probably be louder this way then the 4th unless you find a sub that favors a sealed box with a low fs and a medium to high bl from what i understand or go with less subs for a high ratio for more efficiency 3:1. if not you have to have a ton of power which looks like you do for a 2-2.5 : 1 for the results you want. you will probably have to do some testing with this sub in a forth to find the sweet spot or you can just go ported tuned low. irpirate and tom tucker have some nice 6ths but there are plenty of ported setups that would be easier and loud too. on another forum there is a big write up on 4ths but i shall not name names. dont wanna get a free vacation

char_46059.jpg

And why would you get a vacation for saying CACO? Most retarded thing I've heard today. Of course, it's only 9 am for me so still plenty of time.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived