Who is at fault?!?!

wow lol yeah id be PISSED i sent an amp if for repair and it came still not working...and yes id demand a shipping refund at the least.. and as far as the packaging goes he was doing it to show their lack of car for trying to make the amp was RETURNED in good shape...as a professional company they should have made sure to package it back right... prime example i had to send my alt in to be worked on and it came back packaged WAY better than i had shipped it in with (how it should be imo if the company actually cares)

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

So let me get this straight,

You felt confident packing it with towels and it was secure? ARC sends it back in towels? You get upset because they ship it back like you ship it to them? Now you want 80 back because they used your packing?

I would never ship a 1000+ dollar amp with towels. Did you double box it? Was that $80 for both shipping to ARC and return? You can't just half the story just so people with side with you.

I myself would expect better back... yes. If it was my company fixing it, it would come back like it came shipped from OEM. Maybe thats just me.

(EDIT- with that logic, he ships a broken amp to them, and should get a broken amp back?)

DOUBLE EDIT - ive shipped 4 amps to RF for repair in peanuts (i mean hell, they are broke right?), and they came back in bubble wrap... Again, no sides, just what ive delt with.

My question is that Rusty told you to use ARC for the repair?

Im taking NO sides. But i want to know if DC said to ship it to someone else for repair. Thats all.....

From my understanding he didn't send it to manufacture like you did with your amp. Is ARC supposed to carry the correct packing material for every amp that they repair? If ARC has to pay for correct packing, they're losing money. I guess ARC felt comfindent that he towels would hold up in transit like the OP was. Who knows ARC could have repaired it and it was working when they shipped it but since the OP didn't have the proper packing it broke in transit.

I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.

not knocking DC but is that who they told you to send it to? i would have sent the towels back but in a seperate box

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Yes DC told me to send it to ARC, they also threw me off the warrentee which I can understand. Just sucked to not have anything fixed but I can't complain about DC they helped me a lot. I'm just shit out of luck here.

1998 Subaru Forester S

DC 7.5K And DC 175.4

270XP DC Alternator

One XS 5100R

Three XS Power XP3000

All XS Power Wire

Two SMD 18's

I ONLY POUND BLOCKS AND PUSSY

IMO DC should refund your money if ARC won't as DC had you send it there

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

You felt confident packing it with towels and it was secure? ARC sends it back in towels? You get upset because they ship it back like you ship it to them? Now you want 80 back because they used your packing?

I would never ship a 1000+ dollar amp with towels. Did you double box it? Was that $80 for both shipping to ARC and return? You can't just half the story just so people with side with you.

I myself would expect better back... yes. If it was my company fixing it, it would come back like it came shipped from OEM. Maybe thats just me.

(EDIT- with that logic, he ships a broken amp to them, and should get a broken amp back?)

DOUBLE EDIT - ive shipped 4 amps to RF for repair in peanuts (i mean hell, they are broke right?), and they came back in bubble wrap... Again, no sides, just what ive delt with.

Im taking NO sides. But i want to know if DC said to ship it to someone else for repair. Thats all.....

From my understanding he didn't send it to manufacture like you did with your amp. Is ARC supposed to carry the correct packing material for every amp that they repair? If ARC has to pay for correct packing, they're losing money. I guess ARC felt comfindent that he towels would hold up in transit like the OP was. Who knows ARC could have repaired it and it was working when they shipped it but since the OP didn't have the proper packing it broke in transit.

Dude you just need to stop, your ignorance is raging and it's got me raging. The point is, ARC is supposed to be a "Professional" company. They do not need to carry, every exact styrofoam shit that fits every single amp ever made. No, what they should do, is return it wrapped in bubble wrap, stuff into a box filled with peanuts, like professionals do. Now that I have seen more of this, I think DC is kinda dumb for sending you to someone with such a low rating, and ARC should give you your money back, and I mean the entire shipping costs because they didn't even fix it, and because of their unprofessionalism.
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i like dc but if there contractors that they have people send dont do it right it will eventually get out and then the bad rep comes on the amp side, that should have been tested before it leaves there shop at ARC

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Sooo u just want a dispute? You broke the amp you fixed the amp....so now what? Its your decision to either take A loss or find a way to get money back

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Dude you just need to stop, your ignorance is raging and it's got me raging. The point is, ARC is supposed to be a "Professional" company. They do not need to carry, every exact styrofoam shit that fits every single amp ever made. No, what they should do, is return it wrapped in bubble wrap, stuff into a box filled with peanuts, like professionals do. Now that I have seen more of this, I think DC is kinda dumb for sending you to someone with such a low rating, and ARC should give you your money back, and I mean the entire shipping costs because they didn't even fix it, and because of their unprofessionalism.

just to contribute to this, when Ive sent amps in for repair, some have specific instructions that state it will be re-packaged in the packaging it comes in. I don't know if ARC has this same policy but I have seen it before...and it would only be the responsible thing to do to avoid any further damage to the amp.

edit: but to contribute to the thread, yes I would want a refund; but if the company has that poor of a rep, I doubt they will do anything for you.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived