Pioneerchuck Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 Hahaha I used to grow and dry my own peppers when I was living at home and I made that mistake one day. That was a bad day....Lol, but if you ever have some hot sauce made up that you're looking to sell, Im always looking for some good hot sauce to buy and try. Lol
CortezDTV Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 Colin send me some peppers so I can grow them I've ate a fresh one before.... it was hot..... as fuck.... im used to hot foods one of my best freinds is indian... but god damn that pepper had m sweating for almost n hour SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
Airborne Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 My dad grows jalapeno peppers at our house and this past year we had a ton we didn't use. So my sister and I took them to school and dared kids to eat them. One of the most funny things that I have ever seen. A kid ate a whole one and then tried to drink water to fix it, which ended up making it worse. Everyone was saying that they were hotter than regular jalapeno peppers. So I'm not sure if having a bunch of plants next to each other made them a lot hotter. I know the roots of the pepper plant can make other plants around it hot. What is the order of peppers anyways? Ghost>habanero>jalapeno? I grow a shit load every year and what I don't eat right away or make salsa with I throw in the smoker with hickory and make chipotle (yeah, taco bell didn't invent it). Then I have them all winter for stew, more salsa, sandwiches. Fuck, I put them on just about everything I eat and the hickory flavor is powerful!
DubNDodge Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 My dad grows jalapeno peppers at our house and this past year we had a ton we didn't use. So my sister and I took them to school and dared kids to eat them. One of the most funny things that I have ever seen. A kid ate a whole one and then tried to drink water to fix it, which ended up making it worse. Everyone was saying that they were hotter than regular jalapeno peppers. So I'm not sure if having a bunch of plants next to each other made them a lot hotter. I know the roots of the pepper plant can make other plants around it hot. What is the order of peppers anyways? Ghost>habanero>jalapeno? I grow a shit load every year and what I don't eat right away or make salsa with I throw in the smoker with hickory and make chipotle (yeah, taco bell didn't invent it). Then I have them all winter for stew, more salsa, sandwiches. Fuck, I put them on just about everything I eat and the hickory flavor is powerful! We don't make salsa yet, but my Dad made chili with them and didn't tell then that he put jalapeno peppers in it. Needless to say, it was the hottest batch of chili that I have had. Do you freeze them? We were going to but weren't sure if they would hold. Or is it once you smoke them that they hold longer? I need to let my Dad know about smoking them. We just got a smoker a couple years back for venison. '01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log 2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said: Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.
Colin - STAPUFT Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 I buy the seedlings. They are very hard to get to germinate. You have to have them in soil with a very specific temperature and moisture content for like 14 days, then a different amount for 7 days, on and on. And MAN do they grow slow. I guess It takes a long time to concentrate all of that evil. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
CortezDTV Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 O very cool where did you buy the seedlings? SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
CortezDTV Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 . SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
tacomaguy1 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 hot cheetos are too hot for me to eat lol I'd die if I ate one of these Team Flex Issues
Watch the bass Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 I think I am actually running low. The problem with freezing them is that you have to pretty much hand them to someone so they can keep them frozen- otherwise they turn to mush. ...or I guess I could dry them. One has to be wicked careful roasting / drying these things. I do it outside. Imagine the whole house turning into a pepper spray aromatic. hahaha!!! Create your own pepperspray . "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
Airborne Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 My dad grows jalapeno peppers at our house and this past year we had a ton we didn't use. So my sister and I took them to school and dared kids to eat them. One of the most funny things that I have ever seen. A kid ate a whole one and then tried to drink water to fix it, which ended up making it worse. Everyone was saying that they were hotter than regular jalapeno peppers. So I'm not sure if having a bunch of plants next to each other made them a lot hotter. I know the roots of the pepper plant can make other plants around it hot. What is the order of peppers anyways? Ghost>habanero>jalapeno? I grow a shit load every year and what I don't eat right away or make salsa with I throw in the smoker with hickory and make chipotle (yeah, taco bell didn't invent it). Then I have them all winter for stew, more salsa, sandwiches. Fuck, I put them on just about everything I eat and the hickory flavor is powerful! We don't make salsa yet, but my Dad made chili with them and didn't tell then that he put jalapeno peppers in it. Needless to say, it was the hottest batch of chili that I have had. Do you freeze them? We were going to but weren't sure if they would hold. Or is it once you smoke them that they hold longer? I need to let my Dad know about smoking them. We just got a smoker a couple years back for venison. Smoking them dries them also. I have some from two years ago that are fookin hot and full of hickory. I keep them in the cupboard. The Aztecs figured this out a long time ago since they go bad pretty fast. If I want to freeze some to use as the base of a salsa or something I roast then peal them first. The outer skin bubbles pretty fast on the BBQ then you pull them off, peal the skin (it's a real thin membrane and may be charred some), pull off them stems (keep the seeds with the "meat") and either chop them up or freeze them whole. I use a charcoal smoker with a water pan in the bottom to keep them a bit like a raisin. Both are great ways to preserve them.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.