Jskiles Posted January 2, 2013 Report Posted January 2, 2013 After changing your oil couple times its pretty quick easy. What's really fun is braked I was so scared my car was gonna fall apart the first time I changed those. 2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build) 2 Sundown SCV-3000D 2 DC XL M1 with PSI reconesFocal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HPKenwood KDC-X798Knukonceptz OFC 1/0Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunkStock 110 amp alt 2013 Scion TC 2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200 Sundown components AA 50.2 for components Pioneer FH-X700BT Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back Mechman 240 alt http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Buildhttp://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox
mbdblue Posted January 2, 2013 Report Posted January 2, 2013 Valvoline high mileage and filter ever since I bought the car....I live in an apartment complex, they don't like it if I change it myself. edit: don't know if you have one but get yourself a filter wrench just in case....seen people get caught having to go out and buy one cuz they already drained the oil and couldn't get the filter off. AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
KMS Posted January 2, 2013 Report Posted January 2, 2013 After changing your oil couple times its pretty quick easy. What's really fun is braked I was so scared my car was gonna fall apart the first time I changed those. I'm a bit leery when it comes to doing brakes. Just like fucking with wires that have been cut and have to be hardwired together. I don't play that. Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
Jskiles Posted January 2, 2013 Report Posted January 2, 2013 After changing your oil couple times its pretty quick easy. What's really fun is braked I was so scared my car was gonna fall apart the first time I changed those. I'm a bit leery when it comes to doing brakes. Just like fucking with wires that have been cut and have to be hardwired together. I don't play that. After a while its a walk in the park. As for wires as long as theres no voltage you don't have anything to worry aboutas long as its the right wires lol. 2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build) 2 Sundown SCV-3000D 2 DC XL M1 with PSI reconesFocal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HPKenwood KDC-X798Knukonceptz OFC 1/0Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunkStock 110 amp alt 2013 Scion TC 2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200 Sundown components AA 50.2 for components Pioneer FH-X700BT Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back Mechman 240 alt http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Buildhttp://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox
SnowDrifter Posted January 3, 2013 Report Posted January 3, 2013 I make sure I always change mine BEFORE it gets cold. Then I'm set for the winter. And it can be annoying at times, but trust me: changing it yourself is better. I've read horror stories about the jiffy lube places where they guess on the oil weight and amount. And they use crap filters. Think about it: they charge you so little and they still have to cover operating costs + profit margins for themselves. What does that tell you about the quality of products and how "thorough" they are? Buddy of mine got 20w50 put in one of his cars there... The car took 5w30. It was like draining honey out of the pan ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
WadeTustian Posted January 3, 2013 Author Report Posted January 3, 2013 what sux about those $10 oil changes is they use crap oil and crap filters. I definately prefer to do it my self and use a good synth blend with a qquality filter. That and I know I always put the plug back in. nah just pay a shop 10 bucks to drain it and put my choice of filter and oil in 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Pioneer 80-prsB2 Zero.7 2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconedFocal P165-v15Audison voce quattro fully activeOnly gonna get louder 146.1 at 38hz 138.x at 24hzBuild log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/
SnowDrifter Posted January 3, 2013 Report Posted January 3, 2013 what sux about those $10 oil changes is they use crap oil and crap filters. I definately prefer to do it my self and use a good synth blend with a qquality filter. That and I know I always put the plug back in. nah just pay a shop 10 bucks to drain it and put my choice of filter and oil in Just don't use a fram filter. I'm a fan of WIX/Amsoil filters. They've never let me down. Just started my car after 2 weeks of sitting and it didn't even "dry start" ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
JEMT8 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 @snowdrifter as a former employee of an oil change/tire place I can tell you that they cut costs by first and foremost, paying the employees shit and cramming a whole bunch of work in. An oil change only takes like 10 minutes when you get good at it so realistically I could do maybe 5 cars an hour making only $8.90 an hour no matter how much or how little work was completed with no pay incentives. After a few hours of being slammed with work or maybe a few months of doing the same shit everyday for shit pay dealing with shit customers and shit cars people start doing a shit job. I would be more concerned with quality of work as compared to quality of parts. We had books to look up anything about the car we needed to but if somebody didn't care it was easy for the wrong weight or type of oil to go into a car. formerly known as Jaylor Swift
WadeTustian Posted January 4, 2013 Author Report Posted January 4, 2013 lol i just put in a fram 3x with easy grip, its what was in there and most people use fram around here so idk, but oh well maybe next time 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Pioneer 80-prsB2 Zero.7 2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconedFocal P165-v15Audison voce quattro fully activeOnly gonna get louder 146.1 at 38hz 138.x at 24hzBuild log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/
Mtnbikecrazy55 Posted January 4, 2013 Report Posted January 4, 2013 Ya, I just say fuck it and go to a local garage for his 20$ oil/filter change. I know all the mechanics and know they won't fuck up my shit, as well as I always bring it to the same place so it's not like they have to always look up the specs. For 20$ it's not worth my time to save less than 5$ Cause if I buy it all myself, it's at least 2.50$ a qt, so for 5 qts that's 12.50, then 3-4$ for a filter. So that's at least 15-17$ in materials. My time is worth more than the money I would save doing it myself. And I'm fine with conventional. Sure then it's only 3k between changes, but that's alright. With 223k on the car running conventional it's whole life, I feel good about using it. I hate long signatures.... ...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head... Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.