Second Skin Audio

Price estimate for a box.

Ryan929

Ive seen boxes cost far north of that 450 figure. think about the guys paying 75 bucks for a design then spending another 100 bucks in materials. now say you want to cover it. another 20 bucks for glue. Cost of your material which would be another 50 buckjs plus and you are at your 250 limit. Now imagine someone needs to build that box for them. I guess their time isnt worth anything because its at your limit. Don't forget to factor in the cost of electricity the wear and tear of your tools etc that a shop owner has to cover and you can see why things easily get to be close to that figure. I know the last time I asked for a price of a box from a shop it was 600 bucks plus I had to provide the design and this was back in 2003 when you had to design on paper with no torres.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Double baffle, 3.6 cubes total. Two 12's, was $225 total to be designed by RAM, built by DL Designz, and then shipped from Oregon.

77069_379505642141525_1786471811_n.jpg

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I know a box like mine would definitely be over $450 if a shop had to build it. Custom 4th order design, gallon of finerglass resin, then take it to a body and paint shop for the finishing touches. Probably closer to $1000.

Anyways probably close to $250 for a standard ported box. If you do a blowthrough you probably want it water proof so it needs to be resined and then bedliner. If you do a 4th order box, you can cut a smaller hole and have quite a bandpass to play.

450? Are you retarded? Seriously..

Depending on materials and construction of box. I could see it

Seriously....

Maybe higher

450? Are you retarded? Seriously..

Depending on materials and construction of box. I could see it

Seriously....

no he is not go get an estimate from a decent shop not a hole in the wall

If it takes you over 250 at most to build a box for 2 12's you need to go back to the drawing board and re think what your about to get yourself into.. Seriously..

Not trying to hijack the thread, that is all.

Ive seen boxes cost far north of that 450 figure. think about the guys paying 75 bucks for a design then spending another 100 bucks in materials. now say you want to cover it. another 20 bucks for glue. Cost of your material which would be another 50 buckjs plus and you are at your 250 limit. Now imagine someone needs to build that box for them. I guess their time isnt worth anything because its at your limit. Don't forget to factor in the cost of electricity the wear and tear of your tools etc that a shop owner has to cover and you can see why things easily get to be close to that figure. I know the last time I asked for a price of a box from a shop it was 600 bucks plus I had to provide the design and this was back in 2003 when you had to design on paper with no torres.

Right N8 i remember back in 2000 when i worked in a shop, boxs started at 500 anything that was made custom sealed or port for 2 12s back then and if you need the box to be 1.5 to 2 ichs 1k and up

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Always good to learn how to build enclosures. Go to rockfordfosgate.com and use their box calculator. Makes it pretty straight forward once u lookk up your subs and get specs and displacement. Grab a skillsaw ( or table saw if u got access to one ), a Jig saw and a sheet of MDF and get at it!. Im in St.Augustine, u nearby ill hook u up cheap brotha

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Im in ocala and I went to a shop te other day just to see if they had any ideas of what i could do, so my amps are mounted on the back wall above my box and they said that moving the amps and making a box that comes up to the bottom of my rear window would add maybe about 1cubic foot which they also said wouldnt make a big enough difference for the price so i guess the only other option really is to do a blow through.

Or do you guys think shallow mount subs would make any difference?

Move the amps under the seats maybe will help with space?

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

Yeah, i'm thinking he meant shop prices. But still.. I build boxes for people all of the time and I tend to try and stay under $100 if it's 1 sheet. Hell.. people think their work is worth a lot more than it really is. If you've already got the glue, and already got the screws.. what's a $26 mdf sheet and a couple hours of your time REALLY worth??

EDIT: whoops.. I meant in reference to the guy who said 450 sorry about that didn't see multiple pages, lol!

2012 TORed Challenger

4 Alpine Type-R 10

1 Brutus 2400.1

20' Knu 1/0 OFC

1 XS Power D1200

i8YxD.jpg

Archived