Much thanks for the replies guys. I looked up that Pac lc1, and it was plenty cheap enough but all of the extra cables on the thing would be a PITA / extra clutter. My current bass knob is not even mounted, and honestly, I don't think I want to mount it. It just comes up between my seats in a coveniant spot, and most times I ride with it in my lap or beside my leg.

BTW, my current bass knob has two control knobs... one for DB's of boost, and one for frequency peak. I use both all the time. What makes the Pac lc1 better ???

RMichael, yea' it looks just like a phone connector.... Maybe I can just buy an 8 or 10 ft cable with these connectors already on both ends....

Will check radio shack today.... and will just bring my bass boost module, to match the plug....

If I can't find a suitable cable with the right plugs already attached to both ends, I wonder if I could "improvise" for that crimp tool. Hate to pay $12 or $15 for a tool I would likely only use one time.....

Thanks again guys,

Fish

The remote knobs take over the gain and is adjust the amp itself vs the LC-1 ties inline with your RCAs and attenuates the signal (RCA voltage) instead of adjusting the amps settings.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Much thanks for the replies guys. I looked up that Pac lc1, and it was plenty cheap enough but all of the extra cables on the thing would be a PITA / extra clutter. My current bass knob is not even mounted, and honestly, I don't think I want to mount it. It just comes up between my seats in a coveniant spot, and most times I ride with it in my lap or beside my leg.

BTW, my current bass knob has two control knobs... one for DB's of boost, and one for frequency peak. I use both all the time. What makes the Pac lc1 better ???

RMichael, yea' it looks just like a phone connector.... Maybe I can just buy an 8 or 10 ft cable with these connectors already on both ends....

Will check radio shack today.... and will just bring my bass boost module, to match the plug....

If I can't find a suitable cable with the right plugs already attached to both ends, I wonder if I could "improvise" for that crimp tool. Hate to pay $12 or $15 for a tool I would likely only use one time.....

Thanks again guys,

Fish

The remote knobs take over the gain and is adjust the amp itself vs the LC-1 ties inline with your RCAs and attenuates the signal (RCA voltage) instead of adjusting the amps settings.

Hmmmmm...... Not sure if that would be good or not. Already have my gains set with Steves DD1.... {I think that's what it was called, right ?} But anyway, your saying this would be better for SQ ? ...or SPL's ?

Well, radio shack didn't have those cables, or connectors :( Will look at a place that has PC / networking stuff, next.... Thanks RMichael.

Fish

I believe the LC-1 is clean. So it won't make a difference to your DD1 tune.

Most of us like to use it because inlike a few bass knobs out there, can induce clipping/distortion.

The lc1 never boosts anything. Only attenuates it when you want. Perfect if you ask me

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

you guys are complicating things too much

the lc1 is a potentiometer. nothing more

it controls the rca voltage that the amp sees

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Thanks again guys. Your "almost" making me want to try the LC1, to see if I can hear the difference...... and yes, I saw them for less than $15 on E-bay, also.

But as far as being simple to hook up........ ehhh...... if multiple cables need to be ran / routed, for the multiple plugs hanging off the thing, that wouldn't be so super easy, or fun...... not to mention the additional clutter.

Peace,

Fish

PS, Just out of curiosity, how would you LC1 guys, describe the benefits of this piece of electronics, over that of the single cable bass knob ???

Good to see you back Fish, it's been a while. You're stubborn as ever. I giggled when I saw guys giving you advice, they have no idea :)

Much love though brother, as always. If I were you, since I know you're pretty set on this idea if what you currently have. I'm familiar with the equipment you're running amp and sub wise. I'd look around and see if anyone has that old stuff stored for the amp of yours. You're still rockin the Power 1000 right? Surely someone here has those first generation cables lying around. I sold mine to a dude on here. I MAY have a spare, I'm gonna go look now.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived