Is this too many miles for a used car?

Eventually I want to get a NNBS Tahoe, but I'm trying to figure out when I could get one based on how much I can afford and what I can find....Ideally I'd like one around 16k, and so far there are a good amount of them around that but the only problem is that they're either from a dealer but have 130k+ miles on them, or they're from one of the 3 used police and government lots in Chicago (asia motors, Chicago motors, welcome motors). Now from the looks of it there are a good amount of tahoes from the used lots in Chicago with low miles (I even found one for 19k with 25k miles). I'm just VERY weary about the places, I've heard a couple horror stories about them, like the owners are foreign sleezeball owners, the cars come with no warranty, and cars having major problems (hence their price). And then I've heard people who love them and have bought multiple cars from them. If I got a hoe from them I would get one of the government vehicles, not the PPV or other ones used by officers for patrol. What would you guys do? How much is considered too much for the tahoes? I would be getting an auto loan with a cosigner so I would keep the car for at least 5 years so I obviously the thought of getting a Tahoe with a hidden problem from one of these warranty-less used lots kind of scares me. I have time though, if I can make something happen it won't be until around next summer.

for me its not so much about the miles, but the car itself.

I've seen cars with low miles look like s#!t, and cars with tons of miles in great condition.

it depends on the maintenance and previous owner, so just make sure to check it, drive it and forget about the miles, just pay attention to details.

smdban.jpg

audio related merchandise (decals,banners,lanyards,hats,shirt,etc)

I usually look for vehicles under 80k. I have heard some bad things about the used police vehicles (drivin hard). At least with a dealer they usually offer some type of warranty on the vehicle, at least they do here. If it's a 5.3, Ive heard of them with well over 200k and still running great. If it was me I would see what I could find at a dealer first.

I usually look for vehicles under 80k. I have heard some bad things about the used police vehicles (drivin hard). At least with a dealer they usually offer some type of warranty on the vehicle, at least they do here. If it's a 5.3, Ive heard of them with well over 200k and still running great. If it was me I would see what I could find at a dealer first.

yea that's why if I went the direction of one of the used places I would go for one of the tahoes that wasn't used for patrols...I've called about some and found that some of them were used for errands for the mayors office and all types of duties.

its from a dealer is it on the front lot or the back lot cuz if its in the back lot its going to auction

I've never thought about it that way haha..

Out of state Isint a bad option if you have the time to fly out and drive it home. Quite a few folks in WI do that to get rust- free vehicles.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Just know that the cheap ones are probably rwd so if you get a lot of snow that could be an issue. Does it have to be a Tahoe or are there other options? If you'll be financing you really don't want to have a car with 100k+ miles and be making payments for several years if issues start to arise.

Archived